LJP

Jumpsuit for a beginner

I recently started to get into jumping on a regular basis and have come to the point where I'm getting sick of borrowing the unwashed and threadbare student jumpsuits!

I think with regards to jumping I'll be doing a lot of formation for the immediate future before I tackle anything like Crw or freefly.

So, Which types of Jumpsuit will suit the needs of a beginner well? And hopefully be cheap as well. I've had a look through the classifieds but I'm not sure what to look at buying. Any recommended good quality brands that wont break the bank?

L.
Live today as if you'll die tomorrow

Do a search in RW forum - there's about 23,000 threads

I'll try to find you a link.

edit: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3052670;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

There's some better ones from a couple years ago, but this one has a good discussion on it from a lot of different viewpoints. If you find any advice on jumpsuits from poster "Ron" - he really knows his stuff too.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

An RW suit has a loooong list of choices and options you need to make when putting one together. See if anyone at your DZ, or close by, is either a dealer or manufacturer of jumpsuits. Then ask jumpers you see with that brand, and see what they think and if they seem happy, that might be a good choice.

The idea is that getting measured is a big step in ordering a suit, and having done right is a huge part in getting a suit to fit. A dealer who is experienced with measuring for one brand of suit will be able to do the best job.

With your first suit, you'll need help with virtually every chioce, expect maybe the colors (avoid white, it won't be very 'white' for long). So having a good dealer or manufactuer to work with will help you make the right choices. By the time you jump the suit for awhile, and are ready for suit #2, you'll have much more experience, and be able to build off of your experiences with suit #1 and you'll have an easier time putting together suit #2.

liquid sky makes rw suits and they look damn fine ;) but if youre not down to drop 600 bucks on a suit then i would recommend seeing if anyone has a used suit in good condition. then after a season you can get a custom one

"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"