linuxguy

struggling

Hi
Have you ever had to do tasks in which you have struggled so much, that you just could not get it right?
I did 2 jumps yesterday, and the first 1 was close and almost got the task right ( dock , side doc 180 , 360 degree turn and track)
I got the first 2 docs ( with alot of help).
anyways 2nd jump went totally awry, and just wound up doin a spin , even when i tracked , it wound up being a turn. ( it was my first 2 jumps with booties) and one bootie may have been tighter than the other, ie pulled up higher, thus more "tense over shin". ( could this cause a problem).

The problem is I am feeling pretty low about this, and feel i should be getting it right, but am not.
Everyone says relax - and on exit I am , but then my body apparently is quite stiff in the air.
I really do enjoy skydiving, but also am getting quite frastrated at my inabilty to do these tasks.

Any advise on how to get over this problem will be appreciated.
(tips to practise body position, etc)

Marc,
I see on your profile that you have 28 jumps. are you still in that area of jump numbers?
its not uncommon to be a little squirrly in the air ESPECIALLY when you are trying a new suit/form of jumping.

one thingi will tell you..SMILE! when you are in freefall SMILE! this actually works. if you are smiliing your body and mind subconsciously EASE UP.
if you are stiff then think to yourself WTF there is NO REASON to be stiff or scared!
about your spin-dont put that much pressure on yourself. skydiving is supposed to be fun! if you ease up and find the fun then you will find that yourjumps will go better. REALLY...

its all about smiling.
( i hardly ever smile b/c I busy signing and talking butI ALWAYS HAVE FUN!

)
My photos

My Videos

Thanks for the advise
Yea I have done 33 jumps now and am really digging it ( I think i am just a bit frustrated as I really wanna do well for myself and also so I don't feel like I am wasting the jump)
I think I must concentrate to smile ;):)anyways hopefully the next ones go betta

BTW I did do one of the most fun jumps ever with an instructor, ( because we could not get to alti - bad weather - he left student with other aff instructor and jumped with me, this was a last sec thing, and i thought we were gonna do some rw but instead he grabbed me and pulled me out the plane and went headdown;):)
I have gotta finnish my CAT II before I can learn freeflying but can't wait,
That little taste has made me want MORE !!

SWEET!!!

I know exactly how you feel about "wasting the jump."
I used to get stiff in freefall too(that just sounds Wrong:S) but you should realize that if you dont relax THEN you are wasting it. SMILE AND HAVE FUN.b/c if things dont go as planned at least you enjoyed it.

I have 270 jumps andI still dont have many perfect jumps! dont try to compare yourself to the flyboys or airspeed. they have thousands of jumps and have been doing this for ever....

we are just the low timing FUN JUMPERS....FUN being the operative word!;)
until you get sponsored and get into the national/ world comp you only job is to be safe and smile!;)
My photos

My Videos