PhillyKev

Poindexter to Quit Pentagon Post Amid Controversy

What I wonder is how a guy who was convicted of conspiracy, lying to Congress, defrauding the government, and destroying evidence in the Iran Contra scandal (and yes, I realize that the convictions were overturned when Congress gave him immunity in exchange for his testimony, even though the testimony he gave turned out to not be true) ever became Director of the Pentagon's Information Awareness Office.
Oh, who am I kidding? I'm not surprised at all.

Life is like riding in a taxi.
Even when you're not going anywhere the meter is ticking
- Masked & Anonymous

What I wonder is how a guy who was convicted of conspiracy, lying to Congress, defrauding the government, and destroying evidence in the Iran Contra scandal (and yes, I realize that the convictions were overturned when Congress gave him immunity in exchange for his testimony, even though the testimony he gave turned out to not be true) ever became Director of the Pentagon's Information Awareness Office.

Are you kidding? He meets all of the required credentials perfectly! :S:S
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Score one for freedom.

I'm starting to get the idea that the reality distortion field is starting to go away. This administration has been hands down the worst since Nixon, and yet has somehow gotten away with orwellian excesses because of a scared and irrational populace. This idiocy, along with the hamfisted economic policies and even clumsier foreign policies, is lifting the veil covering the bankrupt ideology. America has been fooled by a poseur of the worst kind...a rich brat posing as an everyman, a service dodger posing as a soldier, and a dissembler posing as an truth teller.

History will not be kind.

History will not be kind.

Unfortunately, history will mostly be written by scholars, who are, of course, all corrupted by the evil left.

We're hearing now that Nixon did, after all, know all about Watergate beforehand, and it's "irrelevant, because he's dead."

People who support Bush will simply declare historians to be wrong. Or irrelevant.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)