Creep0321

Jumpsuit help.

Im looking at picking up a jumpsuit, so i dont have to borrow a student one everytime I go to the DZ. Right now still doing belly flying, and some 2 and 3 ways. Eventually i would like to try some freeflying. Any advice on a descent jumpsuit for my use? Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

J
Jack of all trades.
Military Free Fall Jumpmaster.
USA Static-line Jumpmaster.

Get the right tool for the job. If you want to do RW, get an RW suit... those aren't great for freeflying in, so once you get that bug, get a freefly suit.

It's far better to have the suit designed for what you want to do, than it is to have one suit that kinda does both, or does one well and kinda sucks at the other one.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i've got a suit that works great for both. it is a freefly suit, but has internal grips in the arms (8ish inch piece of flexible plastic sewn into the seam). it works great for belly because it is baggy and slows me down + the grips.

if you learn how to track you dont need booties anyway:P

"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

if you learn how to track you dont need booties anyway:P

It's not an issue of NEEDING booties, they just make the job easier and more efficent. I don't NEED booties to do RW, and have done plenty of RW in a freefly suit. RW suits just make it less work and more able to control your movements with your legs so your hands are free for grips.

I can probably out track you in a freefly suit, with you wearing an RW suit too, so don't say that it's all about the suit, its more about the person in it. If you want to work harder using the wrong tool, knock yourself out. But what do I know, I only have a few dozen (6-20 people ways) and only once went low enough to not make it back up. It is a LOT easier to do it in an RW suit.

ETA, there are suits that are for RW without booties too... so :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Im looking at picking up a jumpsuit, so i dont have to borrow a student one everytime I go to the DZ. Right now still doing belly flying, and some 2 and 3 ways. Eventually i would like to try some freeflying. Any advice on a descent jumpsuit for my use? Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

J

My suggestion is to get a cheap used RW jumpsuit. Generally it is worth getting good on your belly before getting into freeflying. I would get advice from someone qualified about booties though. Booties can help with RW, but I don't know what level of experience is recommended before jumping with them.

When buying used, try the jumpsuit on. I looked at quite a few that were for people my height and weight, but they didn't fit.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.