crapflinger2000

brain teaser

Neat one. I didn't go through solving it, but I think that you solve it like this:

You are looking for the biggest power of ten that divides 100! evenly. Write it out:

1 2 3 4 5...100

Start scratching out tens. 2x5 would be 1. 20 would be 1 (because it's 2x10). 100 would be 2. etc. The number of scratches is the answer.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Neat one. I didn't go through solving it, but I think that you solve it like this:

You are looking for the biggest power of ten that divides 100! evenly. Write it out:

1 2 3 4 5...100

Start scratching out tens. 2x5 would be 1. 20 would be 1 (because it's 2x10). 100 would be 2. etc. The number of scratches is the answer.

Pretty good. You'll get it that way, the trick is to count the fives so that you can get the answer without paper. (5x2=10 and there are plenty of twos.)

Once people get this far, they still usually get the answer wrong though.:ph34r: (I know I did)
~Cindy~

"I dont know what your problem is, but I'll bet its hard to pronounce."

Cut once horizontally, once vertically, and another veritcally 90 degreess to the other vertical cut. You get 8 pieces then so you just have to weight the angles properly depending on the size of the bar to get 2 of them equal to 1 7th and the other pieces to be 1 7th the total weight.

Seems like this has had a few comments, but I haven't read ahead yet. I'll feel like a real idiot if there's a way to get 7 pieces exactly.

no..cut it equally into 8 pieces, give him seven, and keep one so that you can afford a new saw blade.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You find that for the first half of the run, all uphill, your average speed was only 3 miles per hour. How fast must you run on the way back, all downhill, to make for an entire round trip average speed of 6 miles per hour?

Have big brain fun

Scott C.

You're fucked at that point. If you wanted to get 10 miles in an hour (6 minute mile)_ but took an hour to only get 5 miles an hour you're hosed. Can't make that 6minute mile average speed unless you bump up the distance.

Maybe I should read ahead to see if these are answered?