gilead1

UPT Semi Stoeless and psycho-pack?

I do.

I only have about 30 packjobs on the combination though, and it seems to work great. I don't know why it would be special though. Psycho pack and Pro pack differ only in the bagging of the canopy, and semi-stowless is about a different way of line stowage.

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I don't know why it would be special though. Psycho pack and Pro pack differ only in the bagging of the canopy.

Seth

True, but different bagging means different exit from the bag.
I think that the S folding of the pro pack minimized the friction between the canopy and the bag, comparing the psych pack.
The Semi Stowless D-Bag is more "stiff" comparing to the regular bag due to the extra flap and the tuck tabs.
My main concern is to damage the top skin of the center cell.

Gilead

I don't know why it would be special though. Psycho pack and Pro pack differ only in the bagging of the canopy.

Seth

True, but different bagging means different exit from the bag.
I think that the S folding of the pro pack minimized the friction between the canopy and the bag, comparing the psych pack.
The Semi Stowless D-Bag is more "stiff" comparing to the regular bag due to the extra flap and the tuck tabs.
My main concern is to damage the top skin of the center cell.

Gilead

Any other thought?
Are we the only 2 that combine Psycho pack and the semi stowless d-bag? [:/]

Nope. I do it, too. I have about 300 jumps psycho-packing using a UPT semi-stowless bag. No problems so far.

~half of those are on a Pilot-104;
~half are on a Crossfire2-105.

Neither canopy shows any wear/damage to the center cell top skin.

As far as opening characteristics go, I've also pro-packed both canopies in the same bags, and found the pro-packed openings to be similar, if slightly less-snivelly (which is the same thing I found with openings on a regular UPT d-bag).

In other words, nothing to see here. Move along.
Signatures are the new black.

Not using a bridle extension with mine. I'm using UPT's "accordian-style" bridle, which seems to provide enough room when bunched up on the inside to accommodate going around the side to the attachment point.

However, if you're worried about it, a bridle extension probably couldn't hurt.

Of course, it depends on how big the canopy is you're jumping, too. Best to just eyeball it yourself and be sure. Prior to these canopies, I packed a Sabre2-135 in a regular UPT D-bag, then moved to the semi-stowless version, and also had no problems.

Haven't ever tried to psycho pack anything else in these deployment bags.

Later!
Signatures are the new black.