mrmanta

40 foot downsize.

if your jump numbers and time in sport are correct, and these jumps were spread out over that period of time

then you should definitely downsize, just make sure it is on video so we can use it as a training tool, this question comes up all the time and it would be a lot easier to just say - hey, watch this video and decide for yourself

you got insurance?
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

you should definitely downsize, just make sure it is on video so we can use it as a training tool, this question comes up all the time and it would be a lot easier to just say - hey, watch this video and decide for yourself

you got insurance?

thanks for offering friendly and supportive advice like everyone else......there's always gotta be one prick in the bunch!

I made a similar progression from student canopies to a 170 9 cell, same weight as you. Sight unseen does not seam unreasonable for 400 jumps...I would demo a variety of canopies, and you do not have to go straight and demo a 170, try the 190 first and then if comfortable the 170...

As someone who loves canopy flight more than freefall i am somewhat biased against 7 cell canopies. Definitely demo a few 9 cell canopies.
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

well thank you for the compliment, at least that is how i have decided to receive your highly intelligent message

i answered your PM, maybe those details will make sense

as for supportive advice - I got the feeling that you were wanting us to support your decision to downsize - based on the information you provided that seems like a bad idea

BTW - i have jumped at Skydive Dallas a few times and there are two folks there that transplanted from my home DZ:)

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Erik,

Our US Tour Rep, Chelsea will be at your home DZ this weekend .... go have a chat to her and she'll get you into all the demo's you need and also assist with any info and education you need.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you

Blue Skies
Karl