mailin

Jumptown has a new convert

Just came back from doing a tandem at Jumptown in Orange, MA. I had previously not wanted to jump there becuase its almost 2 hours away.

This is my 3rd tandem, and third DZ. I think I found a place to call 'home'. Everyone at manifest was really pleasant and friendly and I got introduced to people! How cool is that? It made me feel instantly less nervous. To make it even better, they didn't have any problem with my dr.s letter! ya!

Not only that - but the Otter was much better for my nerves than the Cessna 182 from last week. Everyone in the plane kept turning around making funny faces at me - but being my 3rd jump this wasn't so bad. What a great bunch of people!

Derek was my TM and Chad jumped with us to try and hone (is that a word?) his camera skills. Not a cloud in the sky (Finally a jump with no clouds! woo hoo!), and the view with the trees changing colors was unbelievable. I had so much fun! More fun than my first jump!

I felt super comfortable and can't wait for April so I can get into the classes - this is gonna be SO much fun!

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to try another DZ after getting turned down at the previous one - you all helped me have a really fun time today!

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

Glad you are able to jump.....and actually did!

Keep on trying, my suggestion was based on the place you lived, and it is unfortunate the people at Licoln do not have a bigger plane anymore....

Be safe and blue skies...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I'm still going to try to get that FAA level 3 clearance, but after I have my A. Maybe by then we'll be lucky enough to have Lincoln opened to experienced jumpers.

I would love to jump at Lincoln, but can understand why not due to the problems they've had lately.

Hope to see you in orange some time next year!

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

I was very happy to hear they jump to Dec. 1!!

So that means this wasn't the last jump for me! woo hoo!

I'll be going again probably November 15th weekend - hope you can make it too. I'd love to meet everybody!

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

Im glad you had a good time at Jumptown. Thats my home DZ and I was probably there that day. I shoot tandem vid there. Jumptown is probably the best DZ in the NE. I am probably partial because I learned and still jump there. The close to three hour drive has not stopped me from going there for the last 5 years.

Id like to meet you the next time you come. See you soon.

PJ

Pj You are a slut....lmao....

Mailin, make sure you smile for he wears video and cam....

I will go there soon my friend, I'll do a jump soon!!!...

Take care and be safe!
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Crap and I didn't come out today cause of the wind forecast!!!

Sorry I missed you, but I hope to see you on the 15th when we have the end of year tadoo....also I'll be showing my end of year vid, along with Jeff so there should be some cool visual goodies for you too :)
Glad to hear it went so well.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Hey Ian, I don't think I will make it on that day, I got your taped landings, as well as those of Pjs and Katie....

Blue skies!

Bummer....

I was looking for you too! The loads after me were grounded due to wind, dunno if they got up eventually.

So, the 15th theres a big thing going on? Don't know if I should head out there then - since I'm doing yet another tandem... Don't want to spoil the fun for people - maybe I can catch the 16th then, or is this thing the whole weekend?

Hope to see you eventually! It was a ton of fun too - thanks for the recommendations!

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

Oh nonono. This is in the evening I believe. You won't be interrupting any jumping whatsoever. I thought you were going to be attending the End Of Year Banquet, that's all. I'll definately be up that day so if you're there we'll finally meet.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

End of the year banquet sounds fun! I'll be there next year!

And since thats the case, you'll see me during the day on the 15th! Hope the weather cooperates - it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL today. I brought my gloves and didn't even need to take them out of the car - simply a great day.

Jennifer
Arianna Frances