BleuSky

Off Student Status

Dear All

It's been such a long time since i last visited or posted on this forum... MISS YA ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've finally been signed off student status recently and the feeling of it was totally awesome!!!!!!!

Finally i've "embarked" on the long long journey to more excitement and fun....... trying to find time and money to log in more jumps for my A license..............

The thot of jumping of the plane still seems pretty "scary" but oh well....... THAT's WHERE THE THRILL BEGINS>........... hahahha

GOtta a stupid question..... why do i always seem to have problem pulling my ripcord???? i've tried different postures, ways etc... but i still have problem pulling that ripcord out for most of my jumps... and it's really scaring me.......... In one of my jumps recently, i waved off at 4000ft and had problem pulling my ripcord off....... tugged and tugged at it until it finally came out at ard 2000ft.................... Ah... really scared the "SxxT" outta me! any great advices from the experts here????

*i've been doing pushups since i came back from my jumps... thinking... could it be i've got not enuff muscles???? DUH!!!!!!!!!*>:(

CHeers!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting off student status! I'm right there with ya. I got off student status nearly a year ago, but I still don't have my A :(. I'm finishing it up this weekend though :)
Assuming it's not a mechanical failure that is causing the hard pulls, push-ups won't really help build the strength to pull the handle. You use totally different muscles. Your best bet to build the correct muscles is to recreate the "pulling" motion.

If you have your ripcord mounted at the bottom of the container, try this, lay down on the floor on your side, and hold a 5lb weight in your hand. hold where the handle would be, and slowly pull up until your arm is fully extended up. Do 3 sets of 10 repititions every morning and you should build a nice set of "pulling" muscles B|

...come to think of it, if you have a chest mounted ripcord, pushups are fine.

Also, talk with your instructor, local rigger or whoever is incharge of the rental gear and let them know. It may be that the channel that the ripcord goes through needs to be lubed up, or there might be something hanging up or pinching?

GOtta a stupid question..... why do i always seem to have problem pulling my ripcord???? i've tried different postures, ways etc... but i still have problem pulling that ripcord out for most of my jumps... and it's really scaring me.......... In one of my jumps recently, i waved off at 4000ft and had problem pulling my ripcord off....... tugged and tugged at it until it finally came out at ard 2000ft.................... Ah... really scared the "SxxT" outta me! any great advices from the experts here????

First of all, congrats on getting off of student status... you know what that means right? the big B word!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Anyways, about pulling your ripcord.. I would try pulling it on the ground a couple of times instead of finding out high up there that you can't get it out.. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but this is a very essential part of your skydive, that you want to make sure you can take care of!

Just my 2 cts...

Iwan

Hi BlueSky

About that ripcord thing, sounds like it could be that the closing loop on the gear you've been jumping is too small... Do you pack the rig yourself? It might just be that the parachute has not been packed tightly enough to fit in the bag properly...?

Before you head up there again, you should just check the rip cord by pulling it out a fraction... Make sure that it is will come out smoothly (just make sure that you push it all the way back in again before you get in the plane!).

Sometimes it is just a matter of putting a bit of sillicone on the rip cord to 'grease' it up a little bit. Another thing to check is that the cord doesn't have any splinters or isn't cracked anywhere cause that could make it get caught too.

Whatever the problem, ask one of the instructors on your DZ - they should be able to fix it for ya!

;)Don't worry, I'm sure your muscles are fine!
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.