Magistr8

North Dakota Skydivers

Actually, Clay, the #3 export from North Dakota after Wheat and canola is lamb.

...I'm surprised you didn't know that ;)

Dave

PS: LMAO... cows and pheasants. Hmmm, wonder what you think of us Manitobans ... we actually BASE jump from snowbanks, being North of North Dakota and all...

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Hey.. there ain't supposed to be no mountains in North Dakota there is a sign on the interstate coming in from Minnesota. " Welcome to North Dakota, Mountain Removal Project completed Circa 20,000 BC.. so how is there a ski area...:P

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?020218fa_FACT2
Excerpt
Satrom had thoughtfully arranged for me a two-day itinerary that seemed designed to curb any inclination I might have had to caricature the state as a flatter-than-flat treeless prairie. (Typical flatness knee-slapper: "North Dakota is so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.") My guide the first day was Jim Fuglie, a lapsed journalist and former director of the state tourism department who now works for an advertising firm. Fuglie's pro-Dakota credentials include testimony before Senator Mathern's committee. He also made a name for himself, during the nineteen-eighties, as the author of what could best be described as a campaign of government-sanctioned ironic boosterism, when he posted billboards at the borders with messages like "Welcome to North Dakota—Mountain Removal Project Completed" and "Stay in North Dakota—Custer Was Healthy When He Left."

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/instruct/isern/top10.htm

Hey....All you Canadians just stay the HELL away from my camera!!!! As long as you don't speak French you are probably OK.

Merde alors! J'avais toujour peur que ma deuxieme langue me donnerait des problèmes en futur...

Shit. Busted. Now and again the froggy side of me sneaks out...

Beaujolais. Escargot. Citroen. PDF :P

Dave

Welcome back Clay, where ya been?

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I didn't know people skydived in North Dakota. B| I thought it was just cows and Pheasant hunting. :D

I've been known to make an occaisional jump over in the Minot area. It's definitely not a good place to be in the winter, unless you really like arctic type weather. We call ourselves "North Dakota Air Speed"......Steve1

I currently reside in Buxton, ND. It's about 20 miles south of Grand Forks, and 60 miles north of Fargo. It started snowing yesterday, so I'll be inside for most of the next five months.

FallRate

I'm from Jamestown, so I know about the snow 9 months out of the year. I made the best of it though, I don't think there was anything other than the 20+ below days that I couldn't get out and do something.

Of course I did move to Texas after college, needed to live in the land of the never ending summer for awhile. :P Now I'm in CO and can't wait till Sunday......SNOWBOARDING SEASON STARTS!!!!!!! B|
Fly it like you stole it!