fool

PISSED!

OK, so, here's the deal. Rent was due on the first of the month as always. What usually happens is, I give the landlady a cheque, and my room mate gives me his half soon after. This month, he asked if it was ok if he waited until his next cheque to give me the money... I looked at my situation, and figured that I could make it... It would require being super broke for a while, but that's ok... Last night, he goes out to the bar to get drunk with friends while I sit here at home because I'm broke... Today is absolutely beautiful out, and I would like nothing more than to go do a jump or two, but alas... fucking broke... I bet the money he spent at teh bar last night coulda easily paid for a couple jumps today....

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Yeah, I know I agreed to it... just venting... I got it in my head that he was broke, and really couldn't afford to give rent... I suppose I should'nt have done that... ah well..

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

You really should confront him about it, just to be sure that it doesn't happen again. That's total bullshit that he stiffed you, presumably because he didn't have money, and then went out to the bar to spend money. Total bullshit.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I've known people like that. Luckily I never got screwed. But I knew a guy that lived paycheck by paycheck and when he needed some extra money he'd have to borrow it until he got paid again. But the second he'd get his hands on some money, he'd go buy junk, like an expensive pair of sunglasses. And of course he'd do that before paying his friends back.

Dave

Charge him a jump worth of extra rent for his ass-hattedness. That's what? 4, maybe 5 drinks at the bar?

Better yet, give him the option of paying you a month in advance At least YOU have 30 days to sort him out the "next time" it happens. If he doesn't like it...?... DOOR! I know what it's like to be grounded for $'s and it's bad enough when it's your OWN cash flow that sucks. Being grounded for someone else's bar binge? Not on, bro. Good luck.

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I used to have a really roomie who drove me to hell and back. I eventually had to get tough with him and tell him if he didn't pay up then he was getting out. After realizing that he was going to get the boot he shaped up pretty fast.

Being tough on your buddies may get them upset at you in the short term, but in the long run you are doing yourself a favor by laying down the law.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Well, to be honest, he's a decent room mate, and I'm hoping this is a one time thing... it wil probably save me money for a few weeks anyhow... I was just whining more than anything else... first decent weather we've had since the snow came, but I suppose that shoulda been expected.

S.E.X. party #1

hehehe... don't really have a choice... long story, but we're going to the same school because our mutual employer is sending us there... well, I suppose I could, but it would just complicate things too much for anything productive to come of it... I'm sure things will sort themselves out in the next few weeks.

S.E.X. party #1