Harksaw

Uninformed Parachute Purchases

Does anyone have any funny stories about the rigs people buy before they know what they are getting into? I heard a story about a guy who showed up for AFF training having already purchased a really old rig with a silk round reserve off of Ebay B|

we had a kid buy a rig for like 3grand from some "rigger" off ebay. it's worth maybe 1000, has a tear on the reserve part of the rig with an ugly patch, cypres is out of date, just all kinds of stuff wrong, didn't even know what type of main it has it in.

the best part is, the kid bought it over a year ago and is still on static line jumps because he just kinda shows up every 3-6 months and expects to get to jump, so i make him sit in on a class and pay to retrain, then 3-6 months go by and the idiot shows back up.

he also dropped a check for $1600 the night of his first jump class to cover all his jumps on student status... all i can say is, he's not the brightest bulb on the tree:S
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

we had a kid buy a rig for like 3grand from some "rigger" off ebay. it's worth maybe 1000, has a tear on the reserve part of the rig with an ugly patch, cypres is out of date, just all kinds of stuff wrong, didn't even know what type of main it has it in.

he also dropped a check for $1600 the night of his first jump class to cover all his jumps on student status... all i can say is, he's not the brightest bulb on the tree:S

Wow. I just sit back in amazement at the stupidity in some people.:S