captainpooby

Gun owners on the board? Sound off.

If I want to target shoot I've got a nice little .177 pellet gun.
at 30 feet I'm a domn good shot when I'm pissed!;)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

GORKKKKKKKKKKK, stay away from plastic my friend LOL. The 40 is an okay cal but just not in a glock bro. Try a smith or a colt first before you make a $$$$$$$$$$$$ on a glock. Next time you go to the range come borrow my 40 and try it. I think you will find that it is just as accurate as the glock and weighs about the same, very similiar in balance, and holds 4 more rounds :ph34r:

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

If its more than 30 feet away I shouldnt be shooting at it...them;)

pfffftttttt.....long shots are where its at.....why give an advantage? up close n personal can even things out. especially if you arent trained in negotiating corners, or in shoot houses.

btw, anyone at the chute n shoot last april can attest to me being able to pop an approx. 15 inch square plate, 2 10 inch diamond shaped plates and a 10 inch square plate with my kimber .45

........in less than 3 seconds.

at 60 yards.........

reach out and touch someone :P

Sure do love my 50 BMG. I have a armalite AR50, tactical floding bipod, swarovsky optics, factory hot rodded barrel-45 inch, 1:16.5 twist, factory backcut muzzle brake. 7 inch groups at 1000 yards. Under 4 inch groups with reloads. Try this, FNB case trimmed to 3.900", hornady 655 grain bullet( full metal jacket), 248 grains Hodgdon H50BMG powder,CCI 35 primer. Seat the bullet to 5.450" total length. The pressure is relatively low considering the amount of powder, stays right around 32,000 psi and about 38,000 cup. Relatively light for this cartridge. Through my chrono the bullet is smoking at 3329 fps. Not too bad for a 655 grain bullet. it drops to about 3100 at 500 yards and down to about 3000 at 1000 yards. If you seat it right the bullet should still be on the rise well over 1500 yards. Have fun with it but dont increase the powder as this is a max charge for this particular case. Anyone else got any recipes for a .50 cal browning machine gun?

:)

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

What a weapon.

No doubt, but it's got nothing on a Barrett. (well, unless you count price)

Much love for the Armalites though. Tried out a factory tweaked AR in .308 with the heavy barrel, and boy was that FUN!!
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Keep diggin, you will find that garand, but you will pay dearly for it!-caress

You can get a direct Army surplus Garand for as little as $400...

Go here: http://www.odcmp.com/ and click on "Sales".

At gun shows they usually run about $800 and up.

I haven't fired one since my army days, but I loved shooting the Garand. The one I shot was very accurate, well balanced, and the recoil wasn't bad. I preferred it over the M-14.

It may not be the perfect weapon for a combat or even hunting weapon though. I'd hate to pack a garand too far because of the weight. In combat situations the ammo might get too heavy if you were packing several hundred rounds. The heavier recoil and noise might also get too you if you fired one too much. Limited magazine capacity might be another drawback. I never was a big fan of full auto, so semi-auto suits me fine. But for accuracy I prefer a bolt action. Lot's of knock-down power. Really fun to shoot!. I'd like to own one some day. Maybe when I get too old to jump I'll be able to afford one....Steve1