captainpooby

Gun owners on the board? Sound off.

I own/collect rifles and pistols and love to shoot. Anyone else?:)

Yo!

9mm, .40 short-and-weak, .45, .22, and .223 (5.56mm for our NATO friends).

I like the little pleasures - soda cans at 100 yards with 62 grain hollowpoints at 3000 fps. I find Grape smells the best but Strawberry is more convincing - especially if using round-nose instead of hp, since they tend to spurt more instead of detonating.

I also like shooting trap when I can. Can't afford a shotgun, though!

And, for the record, I don't shoot living things for recreation.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I do - But this is something that i Keep to myself. It is a safety issue to have numerous strangers know what you have in your home.
For what it matters - I know a LOT more about Firearms than anybody at my DZ knows. My Father was a very serious collector - and i grew up around this culture. For my 18th Birthday, I began collecting my own arms. For what it matters, my great-great-great grandfather and his brother were well known Gunsmiths - Johnathan Browning (Heard of him?):P I know more about the Mechanics of the standard .45 than most Military Buffs and collectors.
=========Shaun ==========

I do - But this is something that i Keep to myself. It is a safety issue to have numerous strangers know what you have in your home.
For what it matters - I know a LOT more about Firearms than anybody at my DZ knows. My Father was a very serious collector - and i grew up around this culture. For my 18th Birthday, I began collecting my own arms. For what it matters, my great-great-great grandfather and his brother were well known Gunsmiths - Johnathan Browning (Heard of him?):P I know more about the Mechanics of the standard .45 than most Military Buffs and collectors.

:o

[waynes world]I am not worthy![/waynes world]

Really? Are you a relative of Mister Browning? I love my 1911s! I have a SA and Colt. I want a Kimber with a melt job.
I would love to own one of every single gun he designed. I have shot a 1919 belt fed. MMMMMMMM belt fed.
No real point in me hiding my gun ownership here. I am the resident "gun nut" on the DZ. Everyone knows I have guns. Bet I'm the only guy with a safe in his fifth wheel!
Molon Labe!
I have "several" handguns and rifles. Love the AR rifle.

I own/collect rifles and pistols and love to shoot. Anyone else?:)

Yup...I have several rifles..
my husband has several rifles and handguns.

Although last time I sighted in my 30-06 left me with a big bruise on my shoulder. :$ I prefer to shoot the .22 and find it more fun.

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

Gun owner and collector here. High end trap guns, assault rifles, high end long rifles. Enjoy machining precision barrels etc. Good to see some pro gun peeps in here. Also FFL here in nor cal if anyone ever needs help on a transfer of ownership or state to state transfers. Deal mostly with the trap crowd but I guess skydivers are pretty good folks too LOL

B|

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

The garand, what a sweet rifle. I love my M1. My dad gave it to me for graduation. Nothing better than squeezing off a few in a authentic fighting weapon from our past.

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster

The garand, what a sweet rifle.

The trigger is awfully creepy, and they're not all that accurate, but I love Garands. There's just something about them...

Here is a source for cheap ones, if you're willing to jump through a few hoops.

The Danes are sweet deal!

http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

Attached: Doing my turn pulling targets at the National Matches, in Camp Perry, Ohio.

Yah I have dealt with those guys in the past and have found a much better source for garands as far as that goes, but thanks for the link. Hey if you need some trigger work done I can custom machine you one that will be all milled and platinum matched that you can just drop right in. Give me a shout anytime you are having probs with a reciever or trigger group and we can fix you right up my friend. And if your in the market for a garand I get 425 for the cast and 600 for milled. 850 starting on the M1. Take it easy

Swoopster

yep gun nut here too.have over 20 in the gun safe at home.my favorites are a h&k usp in 45acp.rem 22-250 and a savage tatical hevy barrel in .308 with leupold target scope.i can hit a cig.butt at 150 yds with it.

I was really excited about the h&k usp until it came out and I tried one. I liked the way it shot, but I couldn't stand the mag changes and I wasn't too hot about the huge hunk of stock I had to get my body around to hold it. I hope it treats you better; I was kinda bummed after my encounter.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

The CMP guns aren't the same guns of a decade or two ago. (It is the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice & Firearms Safety, Inc. now afterall, since Congress decided to fix something that wasn't broken:(.)The prices have at least doubled and the average quality has decreased, from what I have seen. DoD M14s continue to be chopped up, rather than converted to semi-auto and sold through the CMP, but that my friends, is another story.

I think Springfield Armory's M1 Garands are of at least equal value to what the CMP's got.

Oh yeah, as for the original post. I might own a gun or two.;)

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.