jenette

Cookie G2 vs Bonehead REvovle.. who wil K.O?

Though I very tight in budget from saving for Skysisters, The deal finishes at the end of the month, so I need to get cracking.

I hope to try the G2 in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see Cookie at Skysisters. It's one of the closest dropzones for him and he's usually out there during boogies. Maybe he'll have some demo product for you to try out.

I just bought a G2 so now I own both and can give a comparison, but as others have said I depending on the size/shape of your head may be comfortable to one person but not another.

First I have a pretty big head and wear an XL. To me (again with my shape of head) the REvovle wins hands down in comfort. I have heard the G2s break in so maybe I'll change my mind down the road, but out of the box no comparison the REvolve takes it. The REvolve is also considerably cooler temperature wise which is nice in Florida.

On the pluses for the G2, peripheral vision is definitely better with the G2 and you have more visibility of the mouth. I also think the opening mechanism is a bit easier with gloves on, but then again your only opening a visor vs the whole front of the helmet. The G2 is also a little more sleek and I like the tinted visor option.

The G2 is definitely more quiet than the REvolve but whether that is good or bad is up to you. While wearing the revolve things are quieted down, but you can still talk to others on the plane. With the G2, everything is pretty muffled even on the ground. It could potentially be a downfall when in the pattern at a busy DZ.

In another thread I reported I had problems with fogging int he revolve, but I realize I have the same with the G2. I'm definitely a mo
uth breather and its terribly humid here so that is the cause. Others have tried and had no issues. Above I mentioned I thought the REvolve was coolor and I think its because you can exhaust your hot breath better with the REvolve because you can definitely feel the hot air coming back in your face on the G2.

So in the end I can't say one is better than the other because they are both great helmets. It just depends what is important to you. I'm selling the REvolve only because it doesn't make sense to keep them both and I'll stay with the G2 for a while since its new, who knows long term if I will regret it or not.

Well that's my 2 cents...