captainpooby

More benefits of SH's capture. Payback time.

The locals are rising up against the former regime. Time for some payback.

Ba'athists Slain in Najaf
From the AFP via the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) :

Gunmen on a motorcycle opened fire on former Baath official Lamia Abbas al-Chill early on Saturday as he walked his son to school, police Lieutenant Raed Jawad Abdel Sadeh said.

The son died instantly and Mr Chill was wounded in the head and chest, Lt Sadeh said.

Mr Chill was said to have been a close aide to Ali Abdullah al-Dhalimi, the former regional chief of the deposed Baath party who was beaten and shot dead by an angry crowd near Najaf on Wednesday.

Mr Dhalimi was suspected of helping to repress a Shiite insurrection in 1991.

Another former Baath party official was killed on Friday evening in a separate attack in Najaf, which lies about 130 kilometres south of Baghdad, Lt Sadeh said.

Gunmen killed Ali Qassem al-Tamimi, a former local official under the Baathist regime, and Mohammad Mokhtar Khdayr inside an electric supply store in Najaf, he said.

You wont see this stuff on our news. Except the kid getting killed. Unfortunate, yes.

See now that is the wrong way to do it.

The hostilities should be coming to an end.
Damn. I hate this. Yes, I am thrilled that the formerly oppressed people of Iraq are finding the empowerment and courage to stand up again, but this is the wrong way to do it.>:(

Again, the time for hostilities is over.

But then again, we can't control our own streets of LA when there is a percieved injustice.[:/]

Truly a shame for so many reasons. First of all, it is a shame that the young boy was killed. (at least it was quick) Seccond. This bit of news will be twisted to say that the administation condones this type of action, even while those that are spinning the story know better. Third, which is a split good/bad, it will cause the iraqui people to become "looser" with thier morality while they are still feeling out what freedom means, and is. And good because it shows that the people are ready for change and shouts to the world that "We ain't gonna take it any more!"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think it would behoove the US to condemn this vehemently. Anyone that would attack a father walking his kid to school is about as low as they come. Granted, the recently deceased Ba'athist was probably a royal SOB who had done some fairly bad things. Terrorism is terrorism, regardless.

Nice to see that the peole of Iraq aren't scared of these people anymore, but this is disturbing.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!