fool

taking pleasure in someone else's pain...

...isn't probably the most moral thing to do, but sometimes it's all you've got.

I was doing all of my xmas shopping today, and happened to run into a guy I knew from high school. Haven't seen him in nine years. We stood around shooting the shit for a while, and eventually the whole girlfriend thing came up, and I relayed my recent experience on to him. I told him about the fact that what it basically turned into was a 1300 dollar lesson... (plane tickets to go there to visiit, then additional charges to turn around and come back). What he said after that, is where I'm feeling guilty, but lucky too. He said, "Well, I lived with my ex for two years... I'd rather have the 1300 dollars." All I could do was kinda laugh, and tell him he just made me feel a lot better. The money isn't all I was upset about or anything, just the conversation helped put things in perspective... I lost money, time, and emotion in my recent experience, and the only thing I can't have again in the future, is the time. So now I will count myself lucky that, although painful, at least it was short.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

..... I have to say just ummm... just a couple of things.... Ummmm... "poor guy!"... and Ummmm... I'm happy for your pleasure, in ummm... a..... I guess someone else's pain... lol... j/k ;):):D

hehehe, that's about how sure of the whole thing too, but hey, it put a smile on my face the whole way out the mall... people probably thought I was crazy, but what can you do?

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

The Germans have a word for it - schadenfreude. Swedes call it "skadeglädje". I guess in English it's DamageJoy, but that doesn't sound cool.

It may apply to your situation, although probably not fully.

It's perfectly normal. Since most everything in life is relative, comparing your own (bad) situation to something much worse will make your case look pretty good.

Now, if nothing bad had happened to you and this dude you dislike trips and breaks his nose and it makes ya feel good - now that's schadenfreude for ya.

And man, does it feel good B|

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst