AustinPerkins

Eyewear

I'm in the market for buying my own helmet for my AFF program. Coming from a motocross and downhill mountain biking background. I have always wore Full face helmets, and when I saw the New cookie composites G2, I said I had to have it. However, I have found my self second guessing my self on either a full face or a half face and have no idea what to do.

So my question is, what eyewear do you wear with your half face helmet ?. From what I have seen so far, people seem to be wearing what looks to be regular sunglasses ? I do wear contacts and will be getting lasik here soon.

thanks,

Austin

Unless you have money coming out of your ears, there's no reason to buy a G2 yet. Get a Protec that costs 1/4th the price and where you won't care about the inevitable scratches you put into it as you learn how to skydive.

As for goggles, just go to the pro-shop and buy a pair of clear plastic goggles. Make sure they fit tightly and you won't have to worry about contacts. Skip sunglasses for a while.

You haven't done AFF yet?

Your helmet for AFF and maybe later jumps too will be provided for you by the dropzone. This will be an open-face helmet, with or without radio attached.

If after AFF you want to buy your own, you may not be allowed a fullface just yet. This depends on the DZ and your instructors, ask them before you buy anything.

You'll find skydivers use different helmets for different purposes. An open face provides easier communication. A fullface is warmer in cold weather.
For AFF, coach jumps, freefly, canopy relative jumps you best wear an open face helmet. For serious formation skydiving, most people wear a fullface.

Most jumpers start out with an open face helmet (either a cheaper helmet that actually provides decent protection like a benny or pro-tec) or a flashier helmet that offers way less protection but looks cooler :P
You'll want to hang on to that open face helmet if you buy a fullface later on for relative work. And then after that you may buy a camera helmet too. ;)

For contacts and lasik, get good goggles rather than sunglasses. Flex-Z are recommended as they provide a good fit.

Anyway, if you want to buy something right now, Flex-Z goggles (without any tint to them!) are a good buy for a contact-wearer. I'd wait on buying anything else just yet!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

they might not let you wear a full face on your aff jumps. it is very important that the instructors see your face, especially your eyes to know if you are responding to their signals. this is also the reason they make you wear clear goggles until you can jumpmaster yourself.

call the dz you will be training at and find out what you need (but they will provide that through aff).
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I'm just starting out too, and I was told you can't wear tinted lenses until you get something lime 100 jumps. I do t k ow if that's just my DZ or if its a rule. I would check before you buy something.

Most likely an exageration. It could be common for a DZ to not allow tinted goggles on students because the instructors want to be able to see your eyes. But 100 jumps might not be right

Well, being a formally licensed racer myself (WERA SR AM 505), you will adapt quickly to the differences.

Let the DZ provide all the gear, as they are supposed to, while you in your student phase.

Once your off student status and starting to decide where you want to go in the sport then ask any and all about gear. Be prepared for a lot of heavy opinions, like Yamaha versus Honda (we all know Honda is the way to go:P).

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Wearing the control lenses diminished the level of visual inconvenience by around 40% contrasted with that without lenses, and wearing the exactness ophthalmic tints brought about a 70% decrease.

While the visual worry for the review was delivered by an exploratory boost in the review, likewise come about because of such exercises as perusing, sitting in front of the TV, or chipping away at the PC.

https://deluxeeyewear.com/