KrisFlyZ

Is this a lowball offer??

Person A

I can get a new sabre2 190 for $150 more than you are asking(I am asking 1350 shipped for a new still in the bag purchased Dec 03 Sabre 2 190, he is offering $1100).

Anyway, it doesn't seem like it but let me know if you are willing to lower the price. What i'm thinking is even tho it is a "new" canopy, it is already second hand, I don't know where it's been and how it's been treated, and the first jump I put on it is gonna drop its value to $1000.

So what do you think?
Its just for fun. I am not selling my canopy for less than 1350 anyway.

My take on this is that the guy is just making up reasons to justify a low price.

If you were not sure how a canopy was treated you don't buy it until you inspect it. Not just say I will buy it without inspection for lesser money.

Eh, not really. I recently quit drag racing, where parts are being bought and sold ALL THE TIME. Usually a "low ball" was about half of the asking price, maybe a bit more. It's a community similar to this one. No one wants to pay an asking price, so they throw something out there that they think will be appealing, yet give them a great deal as well.

I wouldn't say it's so low that it's insulting, but yes, it's a bit low.

after re-reading, I'd stick FIRM to that price, as it's a hell of a price. :P

It's up to you to decide weather it's fair to YOU.

There was a guy at our DZ selling a sabre2 190 with 3 jumps on it, he wanted $1400. Me and craichead passed it up, even though that was the size and model she wanted. Somebody else did buy it, though. We later bought new from the DropShop.

It seems to me it should lose about a hundred bucks that minute you "drive" it off the lot, regardless of if it has jumps on it or not. That seems inline with what you're asking. So.... yes, the guy is lowballing you.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

personally, if I was going to buy a canopy, I'd spend the extra $150 and get my own color choices and all that. From my perspective, even though the canopy is worth a certain monetary amount new, its worth less because the person didn't have the option to choose the appearance, and that's worth a lot.

I feel ya.

When I was selling my Lotus 170 with 45 jumps a few months back in the classifieds, I had all sorts of wacky offers. A few folks really thought that making 45 jumps on a canopy in order to dial in a prototype lineset was certainly worth knocking $500-800 off the new price. I was even offered frequent flier miles in exchange.

I ended up letting a friend jump it who had a badly trimmed Sabre. He jumped it once, and fell in love with it. He didn't have the cash, but I told him to hang on to it for a while, jump it and to let me know if/when he wanted to do something. A month later, he handed me a check.

If you're not in a rush to sell your gear, the right buyer will come along and you can both be happy. Just be prepared to take a little less for your gear than what you think it's worth. If it's not at least a little bit of a "bargain," why would someone not just buy new?

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.