a97virago

February Doldrums

As I look out across the 140" of snow we've gotten here in NY, my thoughts turn, naturally, to skydiving!

The season can't start soon enough! Yes, I truely envy those of you who live in warmer climates and who have been having fun jumping while I have been building ever larger snowbanks on the sides of my driveway.

To make matters worse, at the end of the season last year, I got my first (yes, the beer was already bought) rig and A-licence, but was only able to get a few jumps in before the artic cold settled in for it's annual sojourn.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to survive the winter, when all your thoughts are on being airborne, seeing the world as only the eagles see it, and playing in the largest playground on earth?

Larry
A-43434
Fingerlakes Skydivers

You can't know how tempted I am to relocate. Just looking for the place with the coolest skydivers, the coldest beer, the warmest sun, and the sexiest women!

That's not asking too much, is it?

Down here in florida? B|

Although it got down to 60 once and man it was freezing under canopy. :P

I know how ya feel. Luckily I got to jump in florida last month. I just found out I'll probably be going on a business trip to orlando around the end of this month. Doubt I'll have a chance to get a jump in though, and I'm sure the tunnel is booked solid. But right now, any warm weather sounds great, jumping or not.

Dave