Beachbum

Small rubber bands?

Somewhere along the way I picked up a small plastic packet at a boogie or something, that contained a pullup cord and about 6 small rubber bands. It's been floating around in my gear box for I don't know how long (years). I ran out of small bands one day and opened it. Much to my surprise, the rubber bands were a different "small" than usual. They are about 1/4 inch shorter than the usuals, and also slightly thinner. I found that they work much better on my small lines, and now would like to locate more of them! I checked with Keener, and have looked on Sunpath's site (based on the advert on the pullup cord in the packet), but can't locate them or any info. Anyone???
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

That size rubber band is popular with the BASE community. If you go to the link, look in the middle of the page at the "Tail Gate" photo. The picture is a little small, but I believe these are the bands you are looking for? I recieved a bunch of those with my BASE FJC kit.

http://www.adrenalinbase.com/index.php?L=fr&T=accessoires

Hope this helps?
Blues...
Marriage is like a deck of cards. You start with two harts and a diamond only to discover you wish you had a club and a spade!

No ... definitely not cut in half. That would reduce the width dimension, and they are the same as the "standard" in that direction. Standard small is listed as 1-1/4 x 3/8 x .062 ... it's the .062 dimension (thickness) that is slightly smaller, in addition to being 1 inch instead of 1 1/4. Here is a pic ... the one on the right is the one I'd like to find more of, the left is the "standard" small band: http://www.coastalfishing.org/pictures/bands.jpg

Elisha - Not a tube stow ... definitely a band.

Raceface - very similar package (mine didn't have the Sunpath logo), and come to think of it there was a closing loop in it initially, but that got robbed out of there long ago. Those bands all appear to be the same thickness, so even if the length is the same, they're not quite the ones I got hold of. I like the fact that they're a tiny bit thinner because even with the tiny band, it's still pretty easy to loop them thru to hook onto the D-bag.

jdathome - you're right ... hard to tell anything from their pic, and I couldn't get it to give me any info about them.

Thanks for the input folks!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Recreation/Sport

Micro 1-1/4 x 3/8 x .062

Micro 1-1/2 x 3/8 x .062

Standard 2 x 3/8 x .062

Tandem 2 x 5/8 x .062

Are the sizes that the company makes standard. (At least, the company of bands that paragear sells which is what most dropzones probably have). It says they do custom sizes too, so, maybe someone ordered something custom.

Anyways, this is the company that makes them:

http://www.keenerrubber.com/Parachute.htm

Hope that helps you find what you're looking for.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

As mentioned in my original post ... I've been in contact with Keener ... nada.

Why not just spec out and order what you want? Cost prohibitive?
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I may have to check out that route, but figured that since I have some in hand, I know SOMEONE makes them ... thought that would be the best way to go if possible. I was hoping someone on here had seen 'em ... especially since they showed up in what seems like a Sunpath promo packet.

If I do end up going that direction, it may be more difficult than you'd think. The person I've been in touch with at Keener seems to think that for us to use them on our rigs, they need to be "certified" by a parachute manufacturer (from his email), and he suggested I contact the PIA!

Thanks Sparky. It looks like only the 2 "standard" sizes are discussed in there.

I emailed Sunpath to see if they had any info, but the person I got in contact with there thinks they get theirs from Paragear, who sells Keener bands. SO ... next step was Square 1 ... their website doesn't list specs on their bands, so have emailed them. I'll let y'all know if I have any luck.