Gravitymaster

Kerry Implodes ????

It's gone pretty quiet here.

Where is all the dirt on Kerry and Heinz?

Maybe the investigation has been "outsourced".

Yep, even Drudge's site contains not a whisper of the alleged Kerry affair. Maybe it's the calm before the storm? :o

Timing is everything. :D

I can imagine GWB is laughing maniacly at the thought of the Dems running such a weak stick as Kerry against him. 19 years and only 11 bills that even have his name on them and probably half of them were written by Kennedy. Flip-flop on so many issues it's laughable. GWB is sitting there with $100 million to spend just trying to decide where to start.

Muhwuhahahahah:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

>Yep, even Drudge's site contains not a whisper of the alleged Kerry affair.

Heard a good rumor that the story was leaked by the democratic party; they planted it because the republicans were sure to embarass themselves with it.

The rumor I heard is the Rep. did it so you Liberals would look Sanctimonious.

>The rumor I heard is the Rep. did it so you Liberals would look
>Sanctimonious.

?? A GOP accusation that's inaccurate and denied by the woman who was supposedly involved? And that makes liberals look sanctimonious?

I didn't think I'd see republican desperation so soon.

>The rumor I heard is the Rep. did it so you Liberals would look
>Sanctimonious.

?? A GOP accusation that's inaccurate and denied by the woman who was supposedly involved? And that makes liberals look sanctimonious?

I didn't think I'd see republican desperation so soon.

Taking an obvious joke seriously would be an act of desperation.
Go Ralph, Go Ralph.........

GWB is sitting there with $100 million to spend just trying to decide where to start.

Maybe he should give it to some hardworking Americans who have lost their jobs. Maybe he should give it to the people who lost their retirement savings from his buddies' misdeeds with Enron. Maybe he should use it to pay down the national debt or even just fund the war he's conducting in Iraq. Oh wait, I forgot that's his money, how dare I say how he should spent it.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Maybe he should give it to some hardworking Americans who have lost their jobs. Maybe he should give it to the people who lost their retirement savings from his buddies' misdeeds with Enron. Maybe he should use it to pay down the national debt or even just fund the war he's conducting in Iraq. Oh wait, I forgot that's his money, how dare I say how he should spent it.

Maybe Soros could do the same?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Maybe Soros could do the same?

Soros has already come out in support of tax increases which would lower the deficit, and he's spending his money supporting candidates who would do the same. Note, Soros is spending his own money not the dollars of people who stand to gain so much more than they could contribute under current campaign finance laws from the Bush admin.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

GWB is sitting there with $100 million to spend just trying to decide where to start.

:D:D Just like a damn Liberal. Plenty of ideas about how to spend other peoples money but no clue how to make money for themselves. :D:D:D

Just like a damn Liberal. Plenty of ideas about how to spend other peoples money but no clue how to make money for themselves.

Seems to me GWB has plenty of ideas on how to spend my money that I don't agree with and no ideas on how to reduce the deficit. Are you calling him a liberal?

Just like a damn Liberal. Plenty of ideas about how to spend other peoples money but no clue how to make money for themselves.

Seems to me GWB has plenty of ideas on how to spend my money that I don't agree with and no ideas on how to reduce the deficit. Are you calling him a liberal?

As a matter of fact, I am calling much of his economic policies "Liberal".:ph34r:

>Just like a damn Liberal. Plenty of ideas about how to spend other
>peoples money but no clue how to make money for themselves

1999 total outlays: 1.7 trillion
2004 estimated outlays: 2.2 trillion

Our republican-controlled government looks like they have some great ideas as to how to spend another 500 billion of other people's money!

1999 total income: 1.8 trillion
2004 estimated income: 1.9 trillion

. . . but not too good at making it for themselves. Perhaps a few $10,000 a plate dinners might get things back on track?

No that would require a President be dragged, kicking and screaming during good economic times.

Or a constitutional amendment....IMO a much more valuable amendment than one about marriage.

Now see Kevin, I'd like to agree with you on this but I can't because you would add me to your sig line.:ph34r::ph34r:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2004/02/20/news/local/news05.prt

Daschle satisfied with war progress

By Denise Ross, Journal Staff Writer

PIERRE - Sen. Tom Daschle, D-S.D., on Thursday praised the Bush administration's war and nation-building work in Iraq and said he has no serious concerns about the lack of weapons of mass destruction.

Daschle told state chamber of commerce representatives meeting in the South Dakota capital that he is satisfied with the way things are going in Iraq.

"I give the effort overall real credit," Daschle said. "It is a good thing Saddam Hussein is no longer in power. It is a good thing we are democratizing the country."

He said he is not upset about the debate over pre-war intelligence on weapons of mass destruction, an issue that has dogged President Bush as Democratic presidential contenders have slogged through the primary season.

"We can argue about the WMD and what we should have known," Daschle, the Senate minority leader, said.

Daschle took a different tone when he and other congressional leaders met with Bush in late January to discuss the intelligence snafu.

"I think it is critical that we follow up and find out what went wrong," the New York Times quoted him as saying just before the meeting.

"Daschle noted that congressional leaders had depended on sound intelligence in voting on the war," reads the New York Times story from Jan. 27.

On Thursday, Daschle said he does not believe the Bush administration will meet its aggressive pre-election timeline for installing a functioning democratic government in Iraq.

Daschle also praised South Dakota's National Guard troops and their employers Thursday.

The state has the nation's highest per-capita enrollment in the National Guard, something that has been significant as troops have been called up and rotated into active duty during fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"We ought to be proud of that, and I think we all are," Daschle said.

But Daschle blamed the cost of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in part for the nation's record $527 billion deficit.

Daschle has consistently raised concerns about bearing the cost of war alone rather than spreading it among many nations. He said Thursday that the United States is now borrowing from China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan to function.

The $167 billion in planned defense spending combined with Bush's tax cut packages and homeland security spending are leading the federal government to borrow $1 million per minute.

"We're hemorrhaging at a rate unlike anything in the nation's history," Daschle said. "We are going to have a mess for our children and grandchildren that ought to embarrass us."

Daschle faces a re-election race this year against former Republican congressman John Thune

PIERRE - Sen. Tom Daschle, D-S.D., on Thursday praised the Bush administration's war and nation-building work in Iraq and said he has no serious concerns about the lack of weapons of mass destruction.

Almost sounds like that article came from The Onion. :)

. . =(_8^(1)

Almost sounds like that article came from The Onion. :)

Or a Liberal in a tight race for re-election.:o