Gravitymaster

Kerry Implodes ????

Hey Michele, how about the one about Halburton being on the verge of bankruptcy before the war?

Or maybe the one about creating a democracy in Iraq so that the oil fields can be privatized (read big oil)as opposed to nationalized like every other known field in the middle east?

Opps my mistake, you said likely candidate for president, not current president.

carry on.

blue skies

Jerry

edit for tag line

BTW who provided the corporate jet for George W jr for his 2000 campain ? Why Enron ofcourse.

how about the one about Halburton being on the verge of bankruptcy before the war?

Well, how about Colliers? What, you don't know what that is? Oh.

LOL, you're right, I said "likely candidate." Unlike many others, I am looking at and researching the likely democratic candidate, to see how they compare with President Bush...and to see who will get my vote. One of the things I look at is history...

So, did Kerry have a campaign call center in Ontario Canada? And what about Teresa Heinz's outsourcing of the Heinz corporate giant?

Ciels-
Michele

(edit for typo.)

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

how about the one about Halburton being on the verge of bankruptcy before the war?

Well, how about Colliers? What, you don't know what that is? Oh.

LOL, you're right, I said "likely candidate." Unlike many others, I am looking at and researching the likely democratic candidate, to see how they compare with President Bush...and to see who will get my vote. One of the things I look at is history...

So, did Kerry have a campaign call center in Ontario Canada? And what about Teresa Heinz's outsourcing of the Heinz corporate giant?

Ciels-
Michele

(edit for typo.)

Michele, we know who will get your vote. You make a big show of impartiality, but it is just a show. You know that, we know that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Michele, we know who will get your vote. You make a big show of impartiality, but it is just a show. You know that, we know that.

You still on the fence John?

I don't think he tries to give the impression of impartiality. Michele does give that impression but it also shows through (to me anyway) that she's fairly locked on GWB for '04.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

You still on the fence John?

I don't think he tries to give the impression of impartiality. Michele does give that impression but it also shows through (to me anyway) that she's fairly locked on GWB for '04.

I think that Michele at least tries to be impartial.

never pull low......unless you are

This was the post that started this part of the debate:

I could've started a whole new thread, but I thought I'd just add to this one...

Has anyone heard that Kerry, proponent of reducing the outsourcing of jobs here in the USA, had acampaign call center in Canada? Isn't that outsourcing?

Also, does anyone know if the Heinz corporation outsourcing anything? Or are all of their corporate holdings here in the US?

Again, just looking into facts and thinking about - researching - the likely democratic candidate for Pres....

Ciels-
Michele

She later claimed that she was just trying to get info so she could make an informed decision, why didn't she ask for info for GWB too then? She claims to be impartial but that post alone seemed to me at least to have a very anti-Kerry slant.

This was the post that started this part of the debate:

I could've started a whole new thread, but I thought I'd just add to this one...

Has anyone heard that Kerry, proponent of reducing the outsourcing of jobs here in the USA, had acampaign call center in Canada? Isn't that outsourcing?

Also, does anyone know if the Heinz corporation outsourcing anything? Or are all of their corporate holdings here in the US?

Again, just looking into facts and thinking about - researching - the likely democratic candidate for Pres....

Ciels-
Michele

She later claimed that she was just trying to get info so she could make an informed decision, why didn't she ask for info for GWB too then? She claims to be impartial but that post alone seemed to me at least to have a very anti-Kerry slant.

Don't be so paranoid Benny. I see no reason not to take her at her word. She didn't go to some obscure internet site for info, she asked a supporter of his. This indicates to me that she is genuinely trying to get some positive info on Kerry.

So many posts attempting to impugn me....so much wasted bandwidth.

Irrespective of your thoughts on my impartiality, of which you have no clue (good or bad), I will ask my questions about Kerry again in a Kerry thread...

~Has anyone heard that Kerry, proponent of reducing the outsourcing of jobs here in the USA, had acampaign call center in Canada? Isn't that outsourcing?

~Does anyone know if the Heinz corporation outsourcing anything? Or are all of their corporate holdings here in the US?

And here are those other questions (two of which were answered by quade and Mark H - thanks, guys)...from earlier in the thread....

Does anyone know anything about the following (and if you have links, that'd be good):
{~Kerry's early dismissal from the service? (MarkH answered this very well...thanks!)}
~Kerry's position on terrorism?
~Kerry's committee affiliations?(Quade answered with the current assignments/appointments, but I was also wondering about historical ones.)
{~Kerry's affiliation with Skull and Bones? (quade answered this...thanks!)}

Ciels-
Michele

She didn't go to some obscure internet site for info, she asked a supporter of his. This indicates to me that she is genuinely trying to get some positive info on Kerry.

Unless you are a skydiver, THIS is an obscure internet site, and a strange place to request information on a giant multinational corporation.

PS Multinational is a hint. Heinz has had had overseas operations since 1905.

Let's just put it this way, if there weren't a slant, there would be no need for the portions of this I'll put in bold...

So many posts attempting to impugn me....so much wasted bandwidth.

Irrespective of your thoughts on my impartiality, of which you have no clue (good or bad), I will ask my questions about Kerry again in a Kerry thread...

~Has anyone heard that Kerry, proponent of reducing the outsourcing of jobs here in the USA, had acampaign call center in Canada? Isn't that outsourcing?

~Does anyone know if the Heinz corporation outsourcing anything? Or are all of their corporate holdings here in the US?

And here are those other questions (two of which were answered by quade and Mark H - thanks, guys)...from earlier in the thread....

Does anyone know anything about the following (and if you have links, that'd be good):
{~Kerry's early dismissal from the service? (MarkH answered this very well...thanks!)}
~Kerry's position on terrorism?
~Kerry's committee affiliations?(Quade answered with the current assignments/appointments, but I was also wondering about historical ones.)
{~Kerry's affiliation with Skull and Bones? (quade answered this...thanks!)}

Ciels-
Michele

Let's just put it this way, if there weren't a slant, there would be no need for the portions of this I'll put in bold...

Do you have an answer to any of the questions?

Ciels-
Michele

Do you have an answer to any of the questions?

Ciels-
Michele

Let's see, no, I haven't heard anything about the Kerry campaign having a call-center in Canada. I'm not denying it but I haven't hear anything about it. Do I care to look it up and post a link as you can google just as easily as I can? No.

Does Heinz have any oversees holdings? Probably, but then again WTF does that have to do with John Keryy anyway? The decisions of the corporation are made by a board of directors and a CEO, of which Kerry is neither I'm fairly sure. Again, you can google just as easily as I can.

The rest, well you said you got you answers already and I've read most of them too. Thanks guys for doing Michele's and my googling for us. we appreciate it.;)

Michele, I think you and I and the rest of us here know that the two of us like to ask questions that we at least think we already know the answer to for effect. It's ok, not a bad thing, but don't try to feign impartiality. It's just silly.

>~Has anyone heard that Kerry, proponent of reducing the outsourcing of jobs here in the USA, had acampaign call center in Canada? Isn't that outsourcing?

This does it! I'm voting Republican after this shit! It's an outrage, I tell ya!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/gen/feb04/206608.asp

The presidential campaign of Sen. John Kerry on Tuesday dumped a firm it hired to make automated phone calls to Wisconsin voters - after it learned the calls were routed through Canada.

The action came quickly, following criticism earlier in the day that the Kerry calling effort was exporting American jobs.

"We just didn't want any part of it," said Bill Burton, Kerry's Wisconsin campaign spokesman. Kerry dumped Sound Media Group, Inc., a firm based in Irvine, Calif., which originated the calls but sent them to Wisconsin through a "Canadian switchboard," Burton said.

He said the company had just been hired and had only done one evening's worth of calls for the Kerry campaign. Kerry's campaign records for 2002 and 2003 showed no disbursements to Sound Media, according to a review by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics.

"A campaign has thousands of vendors. This is just one we used yesterday, and we won't use them again," Burton said.

A woman answering the phone at Sound Media said that the firm would have no comment on the Kerry calls. The firm's Web site says it can "simultaneously send hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of consistent telephone messages."

(more)

This does it! I'm voting Republican after this shit! It's an outrage, I tell ya!

LOL! You're easy!;)

I appreciate the info. When I googled it this morning, I only got some highly partisan sites, and was wondering if there was anthing else. I suppose there wasn't much to it, just a soundbyte.

I don't know how to look up corporate holdings...anyone want to teach me how?

Ciels-
Michele

Extra! Extra! More Kerry Imploding!

ANOTHER poll came out today, this time by CNN/USA Today/Gallup, that shows Bush getting his sorry, lying ass beat by EITHER Kerry or Edwards, with both leads in double digits.

Of course, you can keep hoping for another terrorist attack or that 200 million dollars can buy enough TV lies to change a whole lot of minds. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/18/elec04.prez.poll/index.html

ANOTHER poll came out today, this time by CNN/USA Today/Gallup, that shows Bush getting his sorry, lying ass beat by EITHER Kerry or Edwards, with both leads in double digits.

Of course, you can keep hoping for another terrorist attack or that 200 million dollars can buy enough TV lies to change a whole lot of minds. . .

Deans campaign fell apart almost overnight. It's a little early to be celebrating.

Deans campaign fell apart almost overnight. It's a little early to be celebrating.

Oh things can change but what this really goes to show is that people have finally started to question the policies of this administration. I personally have talked to more than one or two people who voted for GWB in 2000, many of whom are traditional Republicans, and they don't like him one bit and won't make the same mistake twice.

Oh things can change but what this really goes to show is that people have finally started to question the policies of this administration. I personally have talked to more than one or two people who voted for GWB in 2000, many of whom are traditional Republicans, and they don't like him one bit and won't make the same mistake twice.

Last I remember there have been people that ALWAYS question his policies, including his election as president.:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

LOL! You're easy!;)

I appreciate the info. When I googled it this morning, I only got some highly partisan sites, and was wondering if there was anthing else. I suppose there wasn't much to it, just a soundbyte.

I don't know how to look up corporate holdings...anyone want to teach me how?

Ciels-
Michele

Heinz is a large multinational corporation. Of course it has overseas holdings.

Kerry is not on its board. Neither is his wife.

www.heinz.com seems an obscure name for its web site, but that's what it is. I guess they are trying to hide something. It has all sorts of information about corporate activities. You can spend many happy hours there looking for stuff.

Googling on "Heinz" works too, but again, it's not very obvious.

I know, I know - I'm trying to stay calm.

(from another post)
I actually do struggle with how dangerous it is to let myself believe that this nightmare might actually come to an end in november. I want to believe, I want to be optimistic and positive, but at the same time I don't want to set myself up to be devastated emotionally if it doesn't happen. Life will have to go on.

Trying to find a balance between the two. But like a lot of people across the country, I am disgusted and angry and fearful like I have never been before, and I AM going to channel it into action.

My hope comes from hearing more and more folks who are in the middle, or even to the right, who think this administration is not just conservative but radical, out of control, untrustworthy, and flat out bad for America's future.

I know how many people are reactionary and fickle and just plain clueless - I know a terrorist attack might swing things suddenly. But, THIS POLL IS GREAT NEWS! MORE PEOPLE ARE GETTING IT!!!! At least for now, and damnit, I'm gonna risk letting myself have some hope.

Last I remember there have been people that ALWAYS question his policies, including his election as president.:P

I know there has always been a faithful few who have keep up the good fight. But sometimes it felt like a cry in the wilderness. Apparently some folks are starting to listen.