Dave1216

Any Update? skydivingmovies.com

Nope. I was talking to Dave the other day. He was saying that the ISP pulled the plug on it due to the bandwidth use busting the TOS. So the only way he can bring it back is to become an ISP. Not gonna happen.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I've volunteered to help host the site on dedicated hardware, and I think some others offered to help as well. Seems like Dave's burned out and doesn't want to mess with it. Pity.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I've volunteered to help host the site on dedicated hardware, and I think some others offered to help as well. Seems like Dave's burned out and doesn't want to mess with it. Pity.

heres a stupid question... if there are several people offering to help host, couldn't we split the movies into several catagories and each person host a catagory?
for example, maybe one person could host student and tandem videos, one person hosts malfunction videos, etc. this way if one host goes over bandwidth limits, only part of the videos go down. plus, the person who can only host a little will just host a small or not-as-popular catagory.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I think what he was saying was that due to the total use of the bandwidth that the ISP thought that he was a warze site. Under the TOS, the burden of proof was with him. Also, the ISP was leary of the issue of copyrighted material finding its way on to the site and them being held liable for distribution. I haven't talked to him lately about it, but Dave always has a plan B. I just think that right now with all that's going on at Sikorski with the Camanche being cancelled, he's got a little more to worry about than the site.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Yeah me too. I'm quite happy to provide a mirror.. got plenty of free bandwidth, anyway.

Not meaning to butt in here, but skydivingmovies was a great resource. It'd be a shame if all the work that went into it was for nothing. Perhaps if Dave doesn't want to continue it, then we could get together and sort an alternative using the movies from the previous one ?

Edit

Ooooh, oh, oohhh, oh! It's UP! :DB|

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Ooooh, oh, oohhh, oh! It's UP!

Yes it is!

So, did a kind soul mirror it, or did Dave's web provider finally see he was right? ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nope. I was talking to Dave the other day. He was saying that the ISP pulled the plug on it due to the bandwidth use busting the TOS. So the only way he can bring it back is to become an ISP. Not gonna happen.

Or maybe another skydiver is an ISP ;)

It is up as I type this but Dave hasn't moved the database over yet so it is a bit slow. Once Dave moves the database it should scream :)