Hope for the Future

If you've been "Bangalore Torpedoed" and see outsourcing as a mortal threat (like I do), here's a more positive spin from the NYT:

"[New York Times columnist Thomas L.] Friedman argues that America is in better shape than many people think.

"America is the greatest engine of innovation that has ever existed, and it can't be duplicated anytime soon, because it is the product of a multitude of factors: extreme freedom of thought, an emphasis on independent thinking, a steady immigration of new minds, a risk-taking culture with no stigma attached to trying and failing, a noncorrupt bureaucracy, and financial markets and a venture capital system that are unrivaled at taking new ideas and turning them into global products."

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

The first thing I have ever read that I agree with from the The NY TImes.... Of course this columnist could be lying. You have to question everything in the NYTs now don't you!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I would have sworn it was Milton Friedman.

Heh. My first thought too.B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."