glgflyer

ZPX for Reserves

A ZP hybrid reserve was manufactured and TSO’d some years ago. There were some problems the material in a reserve configuration. As was mentioned ZP is a bit stronger than a lopo material but when it fails it fails big time. F-111 or lopo type material is often referred to “rip stop” material. If you look at it closely you will see a reinforcement threads in a crosshatch pattern. This adds to the strength but as the name says it acts as a “rip stop”. If you look at ZP not all brands have that.
Another problem is the silicone coating on ZP fabric tends to “brick” if packed for very long. With most countries now allowing for 6 months between re-packs it is unknown how this will effect deployment. The current testing requirements call for only about 16 days with a 200 lb load before dropping. That’s a long way from 180 days. I am not aware of any tests that have been done on ZP reserve anywhere near this time period.
I am not familiar with ZPX but if it a based off of a silicone fabric I would take a wait and see attitude.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Post #22 of this thread makes it clear that the material will not be ZPX. It will be the honeycomb material, but not coated to be zero porosity.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If you will take a look at post #4 in this thread, you will see that I corrected myself from what I stated in the original post. We are NOT talking about a ZP reserve. We are talking about a low pack volume reserve made from the honeycomb weave design. But thanks for the info anyway.