jakee

Need music, 70's Punk, Jazz?

I think my music collection needs to get bigger. I've got stuff by the Clash, Sex pistol's, Buzzcocks, the early UK bands, does anyone know any good american punk bands or albums from the late 70's/early 80's?.

Also does anyone know much about improv or freeform jazz? I've always loved what i've heard, piano, double bass and trumpet trio's that sort of stuff but I have no idea where to find any recordings or find out what is good or bad.
(also I live out in the country so can't get to any jazz bars:()
Thanks!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think my music collection needs to get bigger. I've got stuff by the Clash, Sex pistol's, Buzzcocks, the early UK bands, does anyone know any good american punk bands or albums from the late 70's/early 80's?.

Also does anyone know much about improv or freeform jazz? I've always loved what i've heard, piano, double bass and trumpet trio's that sort of stuff but I have no idea where to find any recordings or find out what is good or bad.
(also I live out in the country so can't get to any jazz bars:()
Thanks!

Ramones

Ramones

Yeah i've heard some stuff about them, whenever I'm in the record store I always get distracted by something shiny though. I don't think I've ever heard any of their stuff.
Someone told me a bit about The Damned(?) as well, good/bad?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

songs: Blitzkreig Bop, I Wanna Be Sedated, Gina is a punk rock girl are their most well know. Just by their best off album and you get some pretty good stuff. ***

Why do you think I use the name Joey Ramone???Best band ever. They were one of the first great punk bands......

Regarding jazz, look at www.kkjz.org

Heck, just listen to it and look at the schedule. You can get some GREAT jazz with it, and there are some nice links.

For your punk bands of 70's and 80's, my personal favorites are the Minutemen (ain't nobody like em) and Social Distortion. Also try out the Psychedelic Furs for some well produced and musical stuff. And, no collection is complete without Black Flag and Husker Du (though Husker Du is more hard rock, I consider them just as much punk)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Someone told me a bit about The Damned(?) as well, good/bad?

When I was tooling around London in the early 70's, playing bass in a couple of bands, we did a pub gig with The Damned. They stunk the place up..... funny how their records sounded good though :S. There were some interesting bands on the circuit... XRAY Specs (Polly Styrene later became a Hare Krsna and I was in the same ashram as her), Souxie and the Banshees, The Vibrators, The Clash (Joe Strummer was a musical genius) plus - don't forget the Ska bands....Madness, AKA The Specials, Bad Manners
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?