Ncrowe

50 % off wings containers???

I'm about to buy a rig and i'm seriously looking at a wings. Whats the deal these certificates I'm seeing advertised for sale? Why do people have them in the first place and are they legit? Thanks for all responses.

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

They are legit. There are some things to watch out for, though:

- It's almost certainly 50% off of manufacturer's list price. Most of the time you can get a substantial discout from list price.by going through a dealer (but probably not 50%).
- Some coupons from some manufacturers are only for a percent off of the base price of the item. Extras (chrome on rigs, booties on jumpsuits, etc.) might be charged at full price.

So you need to figure out what 50% percent off the manufacturer's price of the rig is, add options (remember that the discount may or may not apply), add taxes and other miscellaneous expenses, then add the cost of the certificate. Compare this price to what you would pay when ordering through a dealer. It is possible that the dealer will offer a better price. This was the case when I was considering buying a container from a different manufacturer with a 30% off certificate a couple of years ago.

As for how people get them in the first place, they are often given out as raffle prizes or in promotional contests. I would guess that the majority of them are never redeemed, so it's probably a pretty good deal for the manufacturer.

Edit: I should qualify "They are legit." I have no way to know if this particular certificate is legit, but the concept is common. I think there were 7 or 8 similar certificates given away at SDC on Sunday. Also, if I were in your position, I would have the seller email me the full text of the certificate, including any fine print, before committing to the sale.

if you look around, you will find the base price of a wings is approx $950. I have one on order, and thats what i paid (before stainless options and stripes etc). So, if a 50% off cert' costs ya $250, then a base price wings will cost you $725 in this scenario...

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

if you look around, you will find the base price of a wings is approx $950. I have one on order, and thats what i paid (before stainless options and stripes etc). So, if a 50% off cert' costs ya $250, then a base price wings will cost you $725 in this scenario...

I am not sure your math is correct on that... The 50% off coupon is off the MSRP (Base price for the Articulated harness is $1,480.00 and the base price for the Standard harness is $1,350.00 according to Sunrise rigging website.)

You can get a wings at about 30% off MSRP from a gear dealer or somewhere around 950.00.

with the 50% off coupon you would pay 740.00 for a wings straight from the manufacturer....

So these coupons really have a cash value of around 200 bucks! Buy the coupon from someone for less than that and you we'll be saving money on your new rig...

That's what I did about a year ago...but the MSRP was not that much yet.

"We see the world just the way we are...

I'm about to buy a rig and i'm seriously looking at a wings. Whats the deal these certificates I'm seeing advertised for sale? Why do people have them in the first place and are they legit? Thanks for all responses.

Yes, they are legitimate certificates. We give out from time to time for boogies to auctions for charity, or for prizes. The simple way to calculate what a rig would cost is to half the retail price of a container, then add in all your options. The base price of a Wings is $1490, so 50% of that plus your options is a pretty good deal.

If you have any problems getting a dealer to honor the certificate, just send me a message, and I'll arrange with the factory for you directly.