kai2k1

Should I change jobs?

I need some advice form you all. I half heartedly put in an application with a company I thought would never hire me.

I get a call from them this afternoon and they "unofficially" hired me. So what would you do being faced with the same situation? Here are some pro's and cons I have come up with.

Pros: More money, Opportunities for "real" overtime. I can make the same amount in 4 days now that I make in 6. Maybe more of an opportunity to skydive. Its an easier job. no more driving over the road.

Cons: Longer hours, I may have to work nights. I have my company where I want them right now. Longer time away from my wife than now. I may miss my first WFFC[:/]

I keep trying to look at this objectively but all i am seeing is dollar signs.

Thanks for your help.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I think the only relevant question is: What does you wife say? ;)

If it will reduce the "stress" factor, I'd take it into consideration too.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hey,

Good for you for being ambitious on your job application. I say go for it. The new experience will be good for you, and the job experience will be better in the long run. It's hard to get out of the comfort zone. I know. I've been there... But you've mentioned you hated your job. So, why not? :)
-Michele
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I may miss my first WFFC

There will always be other boogies.

Look at this from a non-skydiving perspective, look at it from a me and my family perspective, since at the end of the day, that is what really truely matters.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."