catfishhunter

Anyone cut away and lose their main? Sabre in eBay

To rub more salt in the wound, the PC is the wrong type to be off a woomera.

A Woomera reserve PC is made entirely of F111, with little circular holes cut in the bottom half to allow for inflation.

You have to make sure that you pack the base of the PC inside the top of the PC to prtect the PC from tearing if/when you deploy the reserve.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Yeah, he finally e-mailed me back, he said he got about 50 e-mails...

I was one of them. I referred him to uspa.org and dropzone.com to see if the serial number came up missing or stolen. He seemed nice enough, his email domain was funny too: @nut-n-but.net ... clever... B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

but it could be used if inspected, or see some use as a BASE canopy with some modification.
==

Garreth.. you've got to be kidding. That statement is way off. :P A ragged out old skydiving canopy has no use for BASE, where it's it's important to have a good parachute:D:D

Any way, I've read the rest of the thread and that's the only thing I wish to comment

I just said that because I've seen them used for BASE. They used to be quite sought after at one time, just like the old Django Pegasus. Mind you, that was in the days before there was so much quality BASE gear designed specicially for that purpose. Most of the canopies were modified skydiving canopies then. Looking at the picture of that canopy, it doesn't actually look too ragged out. I wouldn't want to jump it though. Perhaps a car cover would be it's best use now.

Sounds like this guy had a bad day! :D Nice guy though. Here is one of the two emails I received back from him. Serial number included...

I have had alot of emails on this chute saying it may be stolen . Its not a sabre but an XL cloud by para-flite. I assure you i havnt stolen it. it was brought into my shop on sunday . If you know who i can contact on this i would app. it very much The serial # T 5635 Please let me know ASAP. Thanks for your time. JIM