CloudOnMyTongue

Tech help needed. Start-Up Question

My computer takes a really long time to start up whenever I turn it on. I'm running XP. I've gone into msconfig and looked at the startup screen, and I'm wondering what all this stuff there listed is for. Mainly what is actually needed and what I can do without.

Can anyone give me help. Some things I can recognize others I can't. Such as jusched/SahAgent/Default flap bat/NEWDOT~2/ etc.

If there's some stuff you don't know what's about DISABLE it. I dare to tell you this since you seem to have some PC knowledge.

What you've listed looks 'weird' that's why I'm also suggesting you to disable it.

If you use MSCONFIG and disable something the only thing you're doing is to prevent it to load/start, if something doesn't work, just enable it back, no problem.

Try this http://www.startupmechanic.com

It shows you what applications are running on your computer at start up and gives you the option of turning them off or on - good program
z

www.startupmechanic.com

clicky!

Disable Programs in Services before using MSCONFIG. One good location to learn what U can or cant disable is BlackViper Site BlackViper has been around awhile and I got his info from a reliable source Tech TV. Hope it will help you out..
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Hey, how do I clickify the links? I hit the url button but it just doesn't seem to do anything?

You have to hit the url button before and after your link. Make sure the one at the end has the url with the "/" in it so it looks like {/url}.

Example:

{url}weblink{/url}

Only, the brackets will be straight and not curvy. Use the same principle for all of the options at the bottom of the reply box.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon