TribalTalon

people in Colorado/utah/arizona/nevada etc

hey people i was just sitting here and kinda evaluating everything again, i'm just wondering how the job market is over there, if there even is one, what kind of jobs are available? (background, i'm 20, male, 2 years of college and 5 months completed of aviation technician school) I'm not really looking for something super permanent, i've just been having too much shit going on lately and i'm thinking that a move and a chance to "start over again" would be a really good thing for me. Texas has never treated me right, and i absolutely love it in colorado and arizona.. i love the mountains with a passion. So anyway, hit me with your ideas. thanks!

If you want to work you can find a Job In Utah. I love the mountains. I get a sense of Security being surrounded by them. Being able to go 10 minutes in any direction and be fishing is a HUGE plus as well ;)

http://jobs.utah.gov/

I grew up in Vegas (27 years there) It will be ten years this July that I have been here and I don't want to go anywhere else.

It is so nice to live someplace that has 4 seasons:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I'm not really in the know when it comes to the job market here in Colorado. What with me working full time and steady at the College, I don't notice what is going on in the outside world. Wish I could help you out more.

Keep me posted if you do find something in the Colorado, Denver area. You are welcome to stay at my place till you get on your feet.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You may want to check out Palatius (sp) (guys who make the porter). The have a shop at the Jefferson County Airport just north of Denver and I know they were hiring a few months back. They mostly do refurbs and stuff like that.
Fly it like you stole it!

Here in Albuquerque we have Eclipse Aviation, a new up and coming company that's building a small business jet that will cost less than $1M.

It's probably a lower cost of living here, too.

We have lots of mountains here, too. I live in them.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

well i dont really want to work in the aviation industry. Thats why i havent finished the school. I dont really know what i want to do, actually. Thats why i'm just kinda wanting to get to a different state and maybe the change in scenery will help me figure out just what i want to do with my life. heh. I really really want to move and to be honest, if i knew that i was going to have a job in one of those states, i'd be packing my stuff already and getting in my car :)

Job market in the Seattle area really stinks!

But the weather from now till about the end of August or September ROCKS!!

It's good to be unemployed this time of year!!!
Work at a DZ.... Pack, Clean, Edit or Shoot Video.... do what you have to just to JUMP!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

well i dont really want to work in the aviation industry. Thats why i havent finished the school. I dont really know what i want to do, actually. Thats why i'm just kinda wanting to get to a different state and maybe the change in scenery will help me figure out just what i want to do with my life. heh. I really really want to move and to be honest, if i knew that i was going to have a job in one of those states, i'd be packing my stuff already and getting in my car :)

Vegas PD is usually hiring. :P
Fly it like you stole it!

Flagstaff, Arizona:

Plus: Mountains, winter skiing, sunny most of the time, relaxed atmosphere, University, good restaurants, moderate summer weather (very few houses even have A/C)

Minus: very few jobs, high housing costs, nearest DZ is over an hour away.

But Eloy is close enough for a weekend pilgrimage.

Judith
_____________________________________-
Imelda Marcos just wanted some cute shoes that didn't make her feet hurt. Why's that so hard to understand?