parachutist

Sigma main D-bag wear at drogue attach point

I have several Sigmas here showing similar wear on main D-bag: At the loop where a rapide link connects the drogue to the bag. The link is wearing through the edges of the webbing loop.

Does anyone know of a way to prevent this wear in the first place? Is there a way to reinforce the already-damaged webbing so they won't get worn further?

I did try calling UPT.. rigging loft vm is full. Sent e-mail a few mins ago, but I figured ask here too.

Chris

Can you determine how many jumps the rigs have or how many jumps from innstalling a new droige/bag before ear begins?
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

UPT published detailed repair procedures for replacing only the (high wear) bottom end of Sigma drogue bridles. The new, short piece of bridle is attached via S-Links.

We've been replacing the drogue lower sections when they're worn... however in this case it's the webbing loop on main D-bag (the loop that the rapide link connects to) that's getting damaged. I'll try to post a photo later.

Can you determine how many jumps the rigs have or how many jumps from innstalling a new droige/bag before ear begins?

Only the older D-bags (3+ years old) are showing this damage. I don't have any numbers for jumps on each of these rigs, but I'd guess near 750+ on each

Yes, that definitely looks like the barrel - on your Maillon Rapide - had a sharp edge and was rotating enough to catch the tubular webbing.
One solution is to hand tack, or wrap the Maillon Rapide to prevent it from rotating.

... but UPT's suggestion - to install a soft link - will be simpler and lighter.