Slappie

Mark Burnett = satan

INXS to star in reality TV show http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3805467.stm

Singer Michael Hutchence (centre) died in 1997 aged 37
Rock group INXS are to search for a new lead singer on a reality TV show.
The show, titled Rock Star, will see the band hold auditions on five continents to find a replacement for Michael Hutchence, who died in 1997.

The winner will have the chance to record an album with the band as well as touring with them.

Since Hutchence's death in 1997, the band have continued with a number of different singers including Terence Trent D'Arby and Jon Stevens.

Fantastic

"After Michael died we wanted to search the world for a new singer but didn't know how we could effectively do that," INXS guitarist Tim Farriss said.

"But we've now found a fantastic way to make that happen."

Rock Star will differ from other TV talent shows in that the winner will not be chosen entirely by viewers.

Instead, hopefuls will work with the band and music industry professionals, who will assess their performances.

There's room on TV for more than one great music-based show

Mark Burnett
Producer
The programme will be made by Mark Burnett Productions, the company behind US reality TV hits Survivor and The Apprentice.

It will be broadcast on US screens in 2005. Mr Burnett said the band pitched the idea to him earlier this year.

"I am a long-time fan of INXS and feel very fortunate that they approached us with this idea and have entrusted us with their future," he said.

"There's room on TV for more than one great music-based show, and I feel that rock music has been totally left out of that mix."

INXS have sold more than 30m albums during their 25-year career and topped charts all over the world.

US soul singer Terence Trent D'Arby and Jon Stevens, former frontman of the Australian band Noiseworks, are among those who have sung with the band since Michael Hutchence's death.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Didn't Marky Mark do a movie about that situation?

No that movie was based on Judas Priest. Was pretty loosly based on a true story. When Rob Halford left JP they searched for a replacement and signed a lead singer from a Judas Priest tribute band. That was about the only thing "true" in the movie. Judas Priest didn't want anything to do with the movie, so they had to change the name of the band to Metal Dragons or something like that.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

so they had to change the name of the band to Metal Dragons or something like that

Steel Dragon

LMAO I was close!! :ph34r: Metal - Steel same thing pretty much aint it?

Now that I think about it. INXS should just hang it up. Once you've stooped low enough to hire Terence Trent D'Arby to front your band. You've sunk to the bottom.

Now that I think about it. INXS should just hang it up. Once you've stooped low enough to hire Terence Trent D'Arby to front your band. You've sunk to the bottom.

TTD is a rock legend compared to the guy they got next John Stevens, he was in a pop band in Oz in the early 80's called NoiseWorks, crap then stil crap now:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Totally agree. INXS was a great band, I dont think any of those singers could touch Hutchence.