toaster369

classifieds: whats a standard transaction

Hi, i was just wondering how a "standard" transaction would go through this website. im selling a sabre2 i cant use anymore due to injury.

how does the transaction occur? check? paypal? should i send to a rigger rather than a buyer?

any info would be great, thanks!

First, a buyer wants information on you from your profile. Yours is blank. B|

Advertise the Sabre2 and it helps to include pictures. Have the parachute rigger inspected and indicate so along with all relevant information about the parachute.

When a buyer is ready to purchase, use a proxy (usually his rigger) who will act as middleman for the transaction, turning the parachute over when the $$ is in hand. The rigger may or may not want something for his effort.

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Sabre2 is a PD canopy, so here's what I did the last time I bought a used PD canopy - the seller shipped it to PD, where I paid for an inspection. Once the inspection was complete, and the canopy was indeed as advertised, I sent payment for the canopy to the seller. Once the seller had payment in hand, he instructed PD to return ship the canopy to my address.

It's a nice deal for the buyer in that they get the full PD factory inspection, and they really take a close look at everything. The only risk to the buyer is that you accept the payment, then instruct PD to return the canopy to you. However, if you're willing to ship the canopy to PD, it shows that you are a real person, with a real canopy, and that you're willing to stand behind your description of the condition.

Maybe even offer to pay for the shipping to PD, as a gesture of good faith, it's what the seller did for me, and the whole thing worked out very well.

When I bought my first rig from a dz.com seller, I paid for an escrow service (escrow.com). We both agreed to an inspection period (you can do anywhere from 1 to 30 days with escrow.com). When the inspection period ends, the funds are released to the seller ... Or the buyer can choose to release the funds to the seller at any time before the inspection period ends.

The second rig I purchased here, I fairly easily found that the seller was reputable, sent payment via paypal, and he sent me the rig.

I wouldn't hesitate to send anything directly to a buyer, as long as you have the money in your hand. Wait for that check to clear.

As someone else said ... I also like to see a seller who has a profile that is filled out and has been registered for quite awhile. Gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside :)
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs