D22369

painfull....desecration

today in preparation to sending my old non-airworthy stiletto 135 to another jumper for a wall hanging I cut off every line attachment point on the canopy to insure it doesnt fly again.......I cant believe it actually bothered me to do this.....It opens like a sledgehammer, and It has four cells that are in various stages of failure, the other five are not far behind, Its useless..... so why does it feel like I betrayed a friend.......
I put 500 jumps on it and bought it second hand with over 1500 on it...

Roy - AKA
a sentimental fool
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

*raising a beer* A viking funeral would have been a better sendoff for such a fine wing, but as long as it is going to a good home for a good purpose, then it beats throwing it in the trash.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Even better, if you are pretty good with a sewing machine or throw your rigger an extra case you can turn that old unairworthy canopy into a one of a kind jacket. Just make sure to have the warning label show up right smack in the middle of the back (or bottom of middle). I have to say, it looks pretty damn cool. B|

If my memory serves me right, I credit this idea to Richard Schachner, USPA Southeastern Regional Director.

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!