jheadley

Graduated AFF

I finished AFF today with level 6 and 7. With my diving exit on level 6, I became stable almost instantly. This was the first freefall I actually enjoyed. I did a back loop, and 3 360's and was finished by 7500 and just fell stable until 5500 where I turned 180 from center, did foward movement for a few seconds and pulled. I stood up on the landing and got within about 30 yards of my target.

Level 7 I had a different instructor. I did a poised exit out of a C182 and it actually took about 6-8 seconds to get stable. After I got stable I did a barrel roll and 2 360's. I was suppose to do foward movement and dock with my instructor but I wasn't going anywhere. He told me I actually wasn't doing the foward movement right. Funny that the other two instructors never told me that. :S I turned 180, pulled, and had my first fall on landing. Funny how I've stood up on AFF 1-6 but fell on my last one? >:(They actually gave me a rig with a 210 in it for this one as opposed to the 260 I was jumping earlier. I landed about 20-30 yards from the target on that too, and it was a very soft landing.

I can't wait to do some solos now and not have to worry about an instructor watching and scrutinizing everything I do.:)