cameramonkey

What would you do to this ebay seller???

My personal rule of internet buying.

If you want customer/vendor contact use the apropriate method of comunication.

i.e. if you order via an automated system expect that level of response, if you order via e-mail expect an e-mail response, if you want to talk to them, call in your order.

Any thing else is a bonus. A company (seller) that is getting hundreds of automated orders may just not be capable of combining them with your e-mails that may come in without the associated order numbers, from different non recognized e-mail addresses, etc.

I find that the people working for these companies are trying real hard to help you, but remember they are not your only customer, and sending an e-mai that says "hey my address is wrong on my order, can you fix it" sometimes just doesn't get matched up with the automated order.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You know, I said I had Outlook Express, but it must be Microsoft Outlook. I always get the names confused. So are you saying if I send something from my MO to someone on, say, AOL, and request a return receipt, I won't get one even if they did in fact read it?

Once you get the item... I say give him negative feedback.

you have to tread lightly on this on though. Giving negative first generally results in a negative. If the item arrives as described/intact, the lack of communication is only a neutral, not a negative. More of a 'got my stuff, but I had no clue what was going on due to the selling not responding to emails.'
Also, if you call fedex back and ask them to 'hold at location', they should honor that request. Tell them that you'll need to pick it up as a signature is required (if it is) or you live in an unsafe neighborhood and feel better picking it up. They shouldn't have to attempt delivery once.
-----
~~~Michael

I totally agree with you about treading lightly. Once the item is received, if feedback has been received, I still say give him negative feedback. He will get one chance to reply to the negative feedback. Then they buyer gets to reply to that one. If the buyer has not received feedback, then I would either leave neutral or none at all. I am fairly into the whole feedback thing (much more so than the "total posts" here :D) and I like knowing how a buyer or seller has done in the past - as well as how people rate me as a buyer or seller. Unfortunately, not everyone cares so a lot of people just don't leave it or don't care what is said when it is left for them. [:/]

I don't know about the whole neutral feedback thing.

I mean, if I am buying something from a person and email them I don't hope I get a response I am expecting one. People who don't send me a response don't get paid. No return mail means negative feedback from me because it pisses me off (i.e. its a negative for me)

I also think that its highly stupid that a person can give you negative feedback for giving them negative feedback. They don't deserve that right. Its like saying just because a person is a shitty seller you should give them ok feedback because its the nice thing to do. I say screw nice.

If you can't handle the volume of selling your doing, sell less. Just because a person sells a lot or has high feedback doesn't give them a free pass to be an asshat. Poor customer service sucks and shouldn't be rewarded. Neutral implies that you were at least not pissed off about something. It sounds to me like he was pissed off that the guy didn't email him back.

p.s. If I go out to eat and the service sucks I don't tip very well. (If I can see that its not the servers fault that's different though.)

edit: spelling
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I totally agree 100% with you. The only reason I would say neutral is if the buyer feels he has to leave feedback. Otherwise - negative it is. I always leave feedback as soon as I have received payment for the item, or the item I bought once it is inspected. If the buyer has received his feedback, then I say, give the seller negative!! He deserves it for his shitty customer service. If this isn't his "business" then he shouldn't be selling so much, like you said. I would like to know the name of the seller, just so I can go look at his feedback... and be sure to stay away from him! (PM it to me!! ;))

I don't know about the whole neutral feedback thing.

IMHO-
Positive = Excellent communication, seller tells me when the package is sent so I know when to look for it. Seller also leave positive feedback prior to my receiving the package.

Neutral = Seller receives payment, advises item has shipped. slow or poor communication. Item is received in 'as described' condition'. I (buyer) am happy with product, not entirley thrilled with the seller's service though.

Negative = I'm not happy. At all.

Neutral to me is pretty much everything showed up and I got my item and was happy with it, but was not happy with the process. More of a 'mental note' for future buyers to be aware that this happens.
-----
~~~Michael

One final update. I finally have the item in my posession.

Apparently the guy only bothers to correspond when its "life and death", and doesnt consider general auction discussions worthy of his time.

I emailed him regarding the messed up zip. over the weekend, he replied, then called fedex to have them hold it at the office for me.

Better than nothing I guess.

In the end, since he actually took the time to contact fedex (and I didnt have to wait and be delayed a day) I will be giving positive feedback.

Yeah, he isnt the greatest, but at least he does respond when its absolutely necessary, and doesnt leave you hanging out to dry.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

IMHO-
Positive = Excellent communication, seller tells me when the package is sent so I know when to look for it. Seller also leave positive feedback prior to my receiving the package.

Personally, I do not leave feedback until the transaction is complete. That means either the buyer has notified me that he/she has received the item, or has left feedback for me. Once either of those has occurred (and I do send a follow-up email to the buyer to make sure the package is received), I always leave feedback. Until the transaction is complete though, I feel I do not have enough information to leave feedback.