bherrick

neptune 2

has anyone had any recent problems with the neptune 2. about a year and a half ago i heard about issues of no FF alarms and was wondering if that has been resolved. looking for an audible with logbook and canopy alarms. is neptune 2 a good buy?

They have been very stable for quite some time. Alti-2 has a track record of providing bug fixes quickly.

Personally I like mine a lot. Of course everyone has their own preferences so you will get other opinions.

FYI they recently updated their website. Check it out.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

has anyone had any recent problems with the neptune 2. about a year and a half ago i heard about issues of no FF alarms and was wondering if that has been resolved. looking for an audible with logbook and canopy alarms. is neptune 2 a good buy?

My Neptune 2 is is great. I've had no problems whatsoever. My only complaint is the batteries run down fairly quickly. I'm not sure if this is a factor of the device itself or the batteries.
I don't think you could go wrong with the N2 however the N3 is far superior. Rechargeable battery and overall much better.

i have had some problems with mine,. It works great for 15 jumps then every now and then it will keep track going up in the plane but on a few occasions on exit, it goes into the error mode.
i also know of one other person who has had this same thing happen to them a couple of times aswell. We both purchased ours brand new, and they have both went to the error screen after exit. but when they are working they perform fine.

i have had some problems with mine,. It works great for 15 jumps then every now and then it will keep track going up in the plane but on a few occasions on exit, it goes into the error mode.
i also know of one other person who has had this same thing happen to them a couple of times aswell. We both purchased ours brand new, and they have both went to the error screen after exit. but when they are working they perform fine.

Alti-2 has great service and if your unit is not preforming correctly you should get hold of them
[email protected]
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Thanks, i checked out the new site and it has plenty of great info. Im going for the N2.

I don't think you'll regret it. For what it's worth Jenn has already been in contact with me after reading my post in this thread about the batteries not lasting.
What more could you ask for? :)