SkyHigh04

Starting My AFF

COMPLETED AFF 2 TODAY!! This time the exit was nice, quick, and smooth, good arch, practice touches, good 90 degree turns and then when it came time to pull, I waved off at 5k but couldn't find the hacky, and according to my instructor after we landed, apparently my hacky got moved to some odd position making it not be where I thought it would be, anyways, I managed to pull right before my instructor would have done it for me. Good opening, BEAUTIFUL canopy ride, clear blue skies, warm weather. I followed a good flight plan and holding pattern with absolutely no assistance until about 1,300ft. My landing approach was good but when I landed, I tried walking it out instead of PLFing like I did yesterday and ended up more or less kind of hopping and landing on my ass but no injuries, all is good. There was some excitement then when I was taking too long to get the air out of the chute and carry it back...the plane was coming down the grass runway right towards me lol luckily I was closer to the edge and he was at the end when I noticed him. Next time I'll remember to clear the runway first if I land there. I enjoyed this jump a lot more than AFF 1 and it felt a lot better too. I passed and now on to AFF 3 where hopefully I get released during freefall and get to show what I've learned. I await your input Jen...:P

"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Nice one! Don't worry about the PC, after a few more jumps you get to relax a bit more on deployment and you're not like "4.5k! OK, REACH, PULL", you can always fly it (deployment position) a little bit while you find your handle without stressing.

Have fun on your release dive... the feeling of being in your OWN air column is amazing, the release dive is when skydiving really started for me... you will LOVE it ;)

Alex, you forgot the part where you say 'Peregrinerose is the freaking coolest AFF instructor EVER. :P Sheesh. I knew I should have slipped you a couple of bucks to post that B|

Jumping with you was an absolute treat.... easy money, and I LOVE easy money students. Decent body position, good awareness, good hand signal response.... you made me a very happy camper. I can't wait to jump with you again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Ok so I got my DVD of my first AFF jump only to find out that the camera guy missed my landing...=/ and for some reason I couldn't get the entire vid on youtube without putting it through this movie editing program. So it's not every second of the jump but most of it and it gives you an idea. I'll eventually find a way to get the entire original thing up, until then, here it is....feel free to leave comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBWKxrZLVE

*If anyone knows how to combine about 5 separate VOB files into 1 file(in order) and then post on youtube, please PM me and tell me how. Thanks.
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

I COMPLETED AFF 3 TODAY! I ALSO HAD MY FIRST "OH SHIT" MOMENT!

My AFF went awesome today and I had a blast. My insturctors are awesome and the weather was great. The skydive went as follow: little delay standing on the wing during my hotel check waiting for a good spot, kept my patience and waited for the ok and off we went, good exit, good alti awareness, had a few straighten leg hand signals, did forward movement, good solo pull then the OH SHIT moment....opened with a premature brake release and I started spinning right before I could even do a canopy control check, I screamed a little because the guy on the radio was telling me to make a left turn and I was screaming "I CANT! I CANT! I CANT STOP!! I CANT STOP!!" i pulled on my risers and looked for anything wrong and was contemplating cutting away and pulling my reserve when finally the radio said "Pull both brakes, flare your brakes!" so I did and all of a sudden I was fine, everything was ok, I did some turns, flare but whew...another 5 seconds maybe and I would of cut away. I know it wasn't a major problem looking back on it and it actually built up my confidence to know that I could react under a situation in the air. Then the only other bad part was my landing...stuck my legs out in front of me and was focused on the ground when I should have kept my legs under me and looked out about 45 degrees. I passed AFF 3 and I got a lot of good words from my insturctors and everyone at the DZ and that made me feel pretty good. No more two instructors!!! AFF 4 is next...

I made a slideshow of the jump that I will post/edit in here shortly.

**Edit-Here is the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W22TcGsx8Ns

Alex, I love the slideshow on You Tube :-) Yes, the kangaroo pummelling is EXACTLY what I wanted to do to you with that landing, but everything else was great. You made my first reserve side cessna exit easy (and since I was nervous as shit jumping with Theresa there and trying to do well for her, I really appreciate that!!!!!!) I can't wait to see you back soon for level 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Thanks Jen, you've been a great coach. Time to look at what I can pawn for money so that I can jump again..it's worth every penny to me. I'll eventually buy todays jump from Chris because he said he keeps them. I actually dont recall him even being in the air cause I was so focused on my skydive but he showed me the vid and you can see how you stayed close to make sure i was ok on my own. I vaguely remember Theresa fly in front slightly to the right. I have relived the jump over and over in my head, what an awesome skydive we had. I can't wait for AFF 4!

*If anyone knows how to combine about 5 separate VOB files into 1 file(in order) and then post on youtube, please PM me and tell me how. Thanks.

Use DVD Decryptor in "IFO" mode to rip the dvd into one VOB. You can then import the vob into something like auto gk to convert to an avi file. Works great!
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

User DVD Decryptor in "IFO" mode to rip the dvd into one VOB. You can then import the vob into something like auto gk to convert to an avi file. Works great!

Ah ha...a clue. THANK YOU!