bertusgeert

One flew over the cuckoos nest

I thought I understood the movie, until the last 10 minutes.

A great movie, Jack is awesome, especially when he walks into group therapy after his elecrtic shock treatment! I wish I could pull that face.

But why in the heck did the indian dude do that? I was so confused. Anyone care to explain the deeper meanings of this flim?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

It is a lot clearer in the book why the Chief does what he does as it is written from his perspective. It is a hard read at times but give it a go. Written by Ken Kesey.

And the short answer is because Randall has shown him what he can do and given him a chance. Sort of.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

But why in the heck did the indian dude do that? I was so confused. Anyone care to explain the deeper meanings of this flim?

At the end of the movie, the medical Nazi's lobotomize Nicholson's character so that they can control him. This kills the spirit and personality that made him such a memorable guy. The indian dude suffocates him out of compassion because he knows that he wouldn't want to live like that.

Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favorite movies of all time.