skydivingdutch

Skydving in movies & TV... let make a complete list

How could everyone forget "The Fall Guy" and "The Bionic Woman". Someone mentioned Charlie's Angels 2. There was also a scene in Charlie's Angels I. And the one that hits home for me is "That's Incredible". That's when I knew I wanted to be Skydiver. I can't remember if they were doing canopy formation or a Big Way. I think it was both.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Nobody has so far mentioned the movie "Freefall." It's about some photographing chic who meets a BASE jumper, falls in love w/ him, her bf tries to kill the BASE jumper, yadda yadda yadda.
It's kinda romantic in a way...she leaves and go somewhere all by herself, is intrigued by this stranger...:)

I move that Windcatcher be banned from DZ.com for life for mentioning a movie starring Eric Roberts. I also move that my eyes be gouged out with red hot pokers for having seen it.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Through complicated Amazon search gone wrong (I don't want to talk about it) I came across an obvious classic called Freefall, starring (not sure I can use the word in this context?) Eric Roberts..... No idea what its about but it does have picutre of a parachute on the front, and I suppose a bit of a clue in the title.

Anyone seen it? Is it as depressingly terrible as it looks?

You too should be included in the Eric Roberts ban.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

TV:

Suddenly Susan

Step by Step

I want to say Night Court, but I could be wrong. Anyone else recall?

I remember another 90's sitcom where a woman is a bridesmaid at a wedding that turns out to be a skydiving wedding and she has to do a 100+ way on her first jump with the rest of the bridal party and guests, but I can't remember which sitcom it was.

Okay.... So here's a totally obscure movie, sort of, that I saw just a clip of at the DZ last weekend.

Sharon Tate and Tony Curtis do this Mr. Bill kind of thing from a Cessna. I don't even know the name of the flick but it was way stupid, expecially since Curtis falls out of the Cessna, sans rig, Sharon Tate (with a complete rig on) dives out after him, hands him a bellywort reserve in freefall. Curtis, of course, is so freaked out he lets go of it after opening. Then he gloms onto Tate and she deploys holding on to him, as well. Somehow Curtis manages to hang onto thru the opening shock of a Para Commander and they land in a swimming pool.

BRILLIANT! I love it when art imitates reality!!!
(anyone have a clue what that movie was?)

There's a tv show called Dr. Vegas on Friday nights starring Rob Lowe. In last week's episode, he and a terminally ill cancer patient (one who actually dies while playing Blackjack the next day) go to an airport to skydive. They do not do tandems.

The action jumps from the cancer guy mentioning that the "jump class" is about to begin to the two of them alone, geared up (authentic looking) on a plane (looked to me like an Otter). Another geared up guys walks back from the front of the plane area (the cockpit, but he was standing, not sitting) and tells them it's time to go.

First jump, no jumpmasters, only 2 guys on a plane that can hold 24.....d'oh. Oh and of course they land okay by themselves with no radio.

Heidi-Ho

http://www.skydivethefarm.com
The best lack all conviction,
While the worst are filled with passionate intensity.

Charlie's Angels 2 has scenes of "crazy tracking" and a "birdman" flight...TOTALLY UNREAL AND RIDICULOUS, but is close to skydiving.

Whatever. :S

Skydiver and the MST3K rip of it
The first Charlie's Angles
Johnny English
XXX
Without A Paddle is about DB Cooper (kinda)

[

I move that Windcatcher be banned from DZ.com for life for mentioning a movie starring Eric Roberts. I also move that my eyes be gouged out with red hot pokers for having seen it.

hey now come on, what have I done to you? :(
Yeah, it was a pretty bad movie, but still, I'm just trying to help the list! :P

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...