FlyingJ

I'm getting hosed by the DMV

was that they had been so incompetent with the emissions testing for a couple years in a row that they canceled them all to overhaul the system and during the four years I was there I never had to get an emissions test.

and that was only in a very few places... where i'm from and will be moving back too they never have had them at all.... oh and safety inspection.. hahah... never have had those either...... ilove ohio... well besides the fight i am having with them over school district taxes i suposedly owe for a school district i havn't lived in since 1998...

NO NO NO do a family transfer with 0 value. You don't have to repay the fees and you don't have to claim income/sales tax.

NO NO NO do a family transfer with 0 value. You don't have to repay the fees and you don't have to claim income/sales tax.

No sales/income taxes paid - all ad valorum (sp?) tax, regardless of whether the vehicle was a gift or sold for half a million. I checked into transfers and technically there was a way that ownership of the car could be transfered, but financially there was no difference. Just different types of paperwork to be filled out.
Killing threads since 2004.