FlyingJ

Free web hosting - suggestions?

What is the best free web host to go with out there? I've only ever had ISP based websites and now I'd like to go with something that I won't lose when I change providers.

I know that because it is free I'll have to put up with some pop-ups or other advertising. In your experience, what is the best free host out there?

I'm not looking to do anything fancy at all - just want the ability to share photos and if there is enough space videos.
Killing threads since 2004.

I have a couple of geocites site. Free, but yes, there is a pop-up on top.
It also has some basic design tools, and I think you can upload pages made with frontpage.
Unfortunatly, all your addresses start with yahoo.geocities.com/ (your yahoo user name)/index.

Kinda long and complicated web address
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Not as cheap as free, but there are a lot of very cheap web hosts out there. Many will even let you run php scripts, and some give you MySQL database access (which you might wanna do in the future, even just for a fancier photo album). Almost any cheap hosting will be MUCH better than most of what you'll find for free.

Dave

Thanks everyone. I'll check these out, and a couple people sent me PMs with suggestions as well.

It looks like a few of the pay hosting sites are cheap enough that it might just be worth it to avoid any sort of advertising that goes along with it.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Killing threads since 2004.