glgflyer

Tube Stows

There is not stress on the locking stows until the other stows have released.
Sparky

It's not true IMO
The locking stows stress first during the bag came out from the container coz they are keep the mass of a canopy inside while the PC - bridle - d-bag force him to accelerate up...

Yes they came undone last, after all non locking stows release the lines but they take significant load first in the beginning of deployment sequence.
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. Do you have a link to video that can show this phoneme taking place? Are you referring to what is called bag strip? I can think of only 2 situations that would cause the pilot chute to strip all the line stows and pull the bag off the canopy leaving it in the container. One would be a pilot chute so big as to have unbelievable drag and the other would a deployment speed about 180 or so. But having deployed at 180 KEAS at an altitude of 22,000 feet I have doubts that would do it.
Again I would like to see some documentation on you belief.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. Do you have a link to video that can show this phoneme taking place? Are you referring to what is called bag strip? I can think of only 2 situations that would cause the pilot chute to strip all the line stows and pull the bag off the canopy leaving it in the container. One would be a pilot chute so big as to have unbelievable drag and the other would a deployment speed about 180 or so. But having deployed at 180 KEAS at an altitude of 22,000 feet I have doubts that would do it.
Again I would like to see some documentation on you belief.

Sparky

H-mm may be my english isn't well enought:$
My conclusion is just that locking stows takes the load (not came undone) first as soon as the PC-bridle unlock the container and pull the d-bag out

IMO it's quite obvious: the mass of a canopy wants to rest (relative to container) while PC-bridle wants to accelerate d-bag with them up (relative to the container). The PC does apply the force to the canopy through the d-bag and d-bag hold the canopy inside via locking stows...

Bag strip - is just extreme case caused by above mentioned factors plus some shit happens factors as well

I saw some pic's, shows the huge enlongation of the locking stows at the d-bag leaving container here but can't find 'em =/ (have only pic's from local site but with "extreme case":
http://major-sky.narod.ru/bad_open1.jpg
http://major-sky.narod.ru/bad_open2.jpg)

P.S, It funny, during searchin for the pics I found your post which state the exact the mine point:)

"line dump" goes, if there is such a thing it would happen every time a reserve was fired. They only use 2 locking stows. The locking stows keep the canopy in the bag and prevent the start of deployment until line stretch is reached. Other stows if used keep the lines playing out neat and orderly

(http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1980519;search_string=locking%20stows%20load;#1980519)

I saw some pics
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?