Armour666

Infinity I-33 will it take a Sabre 170?

Infinity I-33 will it take a Saber 170? I know on the web site it is sized for a 150 but I'm not ready to down size that and wanted to know if any one has used it with a 170 in it.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

No.

If you aren't comfortable jumping a 170 main, why would you jump a 143/150ish reserve?

If you aren't comfortable landing a 150 under optimal conditions, why would you risk doing it when the shit hits the fan?

You need to talk to an instructor at YOUR DZ who knows you, not an internet forum.

I had two different Spectre 170's in mine, one new and one well used. I wouldn't do it that way again, even with a well used one. It looked like crap when it was packed, I hated packing it and I had a few packers refuse to pack it for me.

You'll be much happier if you order the container to fit what you intend to put in it now, not what you think you'll be downsizing to at some unknown point in the future.

No.

If you aren't comfortable jumping a 170 main, why would you jump a 143/150ish reserve?

If you aren't comfortable landing a 150 under optimal conditions, why would you risk doing it when the shit hits the fan?

You need to talk to an instructor at YOUR DZ who knows you, not an internet forum.

Sigh I didn't ask about down sizing just will a 170 fit.

I left out some details and here is the rest I ordered a brand new 170 I don't want to change it even when I can down size.

The container will be sitting on the side lines till I can go to a 150 but again the 170 being so new and custom clolor I don't want to change it out for some time but don't want to pass a good deal on a container I can stash away.

Since skybytch and Chubba have mentione the difficulities I have to decide do I want the container and down size to it once ready, or to hang on to the 170 for the long term pass on the the container

thanks for the input skybytch and Chubba
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Pass on the container. Most anything you can cram a 9 cell 170 in will also take a 9 cell 150. It will just lose value sitting there, begging you to jump it. You can always sell or trade the 170 later, it's a high demand canopy.

Every skydiver I've known who said "I'll just buy it now and wait until I'm ready for it" has ended up jumping it before they were ready for it, even the ones who swore they were different and wouldn't.

Though much emphasis is placed on main sizing, you can't forget about your reserve size. After a malfunction, you don't want to be under the smallest wing you've ever flown. Too many people put themselves in that situation without thinking about it.