Viking

Anyone in the St. Lous Area ever been to Dominic's?

Thats where i'm taking my g/f for her b-day. Anybody got any experience with this place? Any dishs that we just have to try?

Here is there website
http://www.dominicsrestaurant.com/trattoria/index.html

could you guys check out the menu, and wine list and make some suggestions, i really don't want to look like a fool :$:$
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Been there a few times.....the mussles are a must for an appetizer and after that the lobster ravioli is great and both of the veal dinners are incredible....I'm no good with wines either but the waiters there are pretty helpful in giving suggestions.
You should have a pretty good time there and if your around on the weekend stop by Quantum Leap and say HI.

my wine recommendations (under the idea that you aren't a big wine drinker):

For an Italian white, I'd recommend the Orvieto. The Orvietos that I've had are very smooth, not very acidic, and go down easily with most entrees. The texture is almost soft if I remember correctly. I'm not as into the red yet.

As for american wines, Threfethen is always highly recommended. It's pretty popular and consistent between vintages. As for reds, again, I've spent more time on whites so far, but Pinot Noir is silky and smooth and again a good pick.

If you want something *different*, the French Chateauneuf du pape is to try. It's sort of spicy with an earthy taste. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, it was different.

Try one of the dessert wines too. THe moscatos are sweet and have hints of citrus. good for one glass, but too sweet to drink with a meal.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone who knows more about reds will chime in.

__

Well only 45 mins till this whole plan starts down the tracks. I got my suit (looks very nice) all packed up and even remembered to charge my cell phone :D Reservations are made and i have directions to the place, and there is a park right accross the street!!:)

HMMM
in the words of ZZTop... "Every girl's crazy about a Sharp Dressed Man!"

observation.. does this place require a tie? if not .. maybe button up one more button for the real 'gig"

sorry, it's the Mom in me ;)

PS.. I didn't notice the messy room ;)

HAVE FUN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

well got back yesterday. We ended up not going to dinner b/c we both had colds and felt like crap. we stoped by one of her friends house and they took this shot.

I was looking her friends 4 year old daughter who was running around in her dress after she saw liz and I all dressed up lol.