JJ269J

1st Cutaway!!!

Just thought I'd mention I had my 1st(I know, beer!) cutaway. Oh, and it was on a night jump. I was in Z-hills this past weekend attended the coach course with Elly Clement. I'm now a coach!!! :)I was pretty pissed cause I didn't think I was going to find my main. I had line twist which immediatly started into a turn, then a hard spiral, and getting worse. It was quite a rush! All in all it was a great weekend.

and then i had my second chop 10 days later and haven't had one since. that was a little over 3 years ago

i'll never forget that one, it happened right under me. i was wondering how long you'd ride it down!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

you must be thinking of my first. i fought that one till there was no point. by then i was spinning fast enough that i went horizontal when i released it. my second i deployed my main at 1800'. it lifted me up with line twist and i chopped it just as it was finishing snivelling. it wasn't fully inflated when i let it go. did a half back flip and pulled the silver. the first one was my favorite.

Justin,

So you did find your main? We were hoping you would. Where did you find it?

Thinking back, it was kinda wild seeing you go spinning past in the moonlight. Nice job on your emergency procedures - if you can do 'em for real in the dark, you're good to go!

Lance

Congratulations! Glad you made it. Glad also that you found your stuff. Did you get the freebag/pilot chute back, too?

They're right about the night aspect of it -- that must change things a bit! All the better way to prove you know how to get things done!

I had my 1st cutaway with line twist in my "docile" Lotus 170, just six weeks ago! I had the luxury of daylight, though! :P

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Justin,

So you did find your main? We were hoping you would. Where did you find it?

Thinking back, it was kinda wild seeing you go spinning past in the moonlight. Nice job on your emergency procedures - if you can do 'em for real in the dark, you're good to go!

Lance

Hey Lance,
I found the main and reserve free bag on the other side of the airport the next morning. I sweating it the night before, I was sure I lost it. I was lucky.

Justin, this time when I pack it, try to go a little longer than three jumps before you bring it back to me.;) Anyhow, great job on dealing with a spinning mal at night! I will have it packed up for the weekend.

Thanks Art! I'll try to make the next repack last a while longer. By the why I forgot to give you the main closing loop. I cleaned the container and took it out and forgot to replace it. I'm sure you have more, though.
Thanks again