ApMet

AltiTrack housing stress cracks

I have two AltiTracks that are about two years old. I take pretty good care of them. I noticed that both have several stress cracks in the housing. I don't think this is a problem now, but I was wondering if other people have experienced these cracks. Thanks.

I'd talk to L&B and see what they say. I was actually quite impressed with the cast aluminum body. Had mine for about 2 years. It got banged pretty good on the cessna door a few times but never gave me any problems. Can you maybe post pics of the cracks so others can look closely at theirs?

-Michael

I was sitting in the plane the other day and noticed that my housing on my Altitrack is doing exactly that! Mine has 2-3 cracks that appear to have started down by the rubber bezel and are migrating up toward the dial.

I bought this Altitrack from one of our wingsuiters who wound up with two, so I got it at a great deal, but now that I'm reliant on its data-logging capabilities, I don't want to give the darn thing up.

I was going to wait till the end of the season to drop a line on the L&B folks and see what can be done. Can they retrofit the new aluminum housing like they have for the military one on a sport alti, I wonder?
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

I love my AltiTrack ... it is the only altimeter I use (on my wrist, with two audibles in my helmet.) Mine is one year old as well ... and it has one of those stress cracks ... I might have aquired it during my "wild landing" though ... when I broke my ankle :)
I hope it doesn't get worse ...

O