patipatil

Creating a cookie camera helmut..?

I have a Cookie Rok helmut, without a chin cup. I would like to turn it into a side mount camera helmut. This will be my first camera setup. Which cookie products would I require to do this? Is it possible to fit their liquid flatlock system to the side of the Rok Helmut, allowing me to remove the camera box when I want to jump without camera? I will need to convert my chin strap to a cup- if I order the chin cup, Liquid flatlock, camera box etc etc from cookie, would I be able to fit them to the helmut my self? Or do I need to send the helmut to a cookie agent to fit the chin strap etc etc. Lastly, What is your opinion on the cookie wide angle lenses? Are they worth the price? (and is a wide angle lense a big advantage on a camera setup??) Or would a normal wide angle lense do the job just as well?
Thanks guys! A[email]

1) I'd ask Cookie about all that, they know best.
2) There's a whole camera forum on here, did you see that?
3) You may get more responses if you fill out your profile, 130 jumps isn't nearly enough to start camera flying BTW.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

When you find out, PM me.

I have a Cookie Rok that I want to attach a camera to within the next few months... I would LOVE a sidemount.

I was under the impression though that Rok only accepts top mount, which I really don't want to do (C182 DZ)... don't want to have to buy a MVX.

I have a Cookie Rok helmut, without a chin cup. I would like to turn it into a side mount camera helmut. This will be my first camera setup. Which cookie products would I require to do this? Is it possible to fit their liquid flatlock system to the side of the Rok Helmut, allowing me to remove the camera box when I want to jump without camera? I will need to convert my chin strap to a cup- if I order the chin cup, Liquid flatlock, camera box etc etc from cookie, would I be able to fit them to the helmut my self? Or do I need to send the helmut to a cookie agent to fit the chin strap etc etc. Lastly, What is your opinion on the cookie wide angle lenses? Are they worth the price? (and is a wide angle lense a big advantage on a camera setup??) Or would a normal wide angle lense do the job just as well?
Thanks guys! A[email]

The ROK helmet can be setup with a top-mount camera box/attachment, but not a side-mount attachment. The side of a ROK isn't flat, and they don't make any adaptors for side-mounting to a ROK.

Here are some of the items you'll need for the setup.

Liquid Flatlock w/ROK Adaptor
Blackbox for camera
Standard Chincup or Cutaway Chincup

You may also need/want camera indicator system such as CamEye II or HypEye D Pro. Depending on which camera you use will dictate which system will work for you.

As for the wide-angle lenses, the Cookie lenses work great for standard cameras. But if going with a HD camera, you may want a HD lens such as a Raynox or Century lens.

As for the assembly, Cookie provides great instructions. So if you have a drill and/or a dremel, it's a pretty straight-forward install. If you would rather not try to work through all that, you can send it to us and we'll do the assembly.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Hey Thanks for the response!
I tried to find an email contact for cookie beforehand but couldnt find one.. do you know of one? Im not in a position to use phone contacts unfortunatly given that I am sitting in a compound on the sudanese border where coms are.. um.. limited.. haha. I did also email a few gear shops (thanks mike for the response:) but I didnt see the camera forum on the cookie site however, thanks for that Saskia!

I realise that my jumps are low. the main reason for my enquiry at this point is to start researching early enough to ensure I dont rush into any descisions.. Also, I am planning a trip to the USA in a couple weeks and skydiving gear aswell as camera equipment are more than half the price cheaper than in my home country of South Africa so I figured now is a good time to stock for the future.. ?

Im sorry if I sound ignorant (but I guess you dont learn if you dont aks stupid questions ey..) but by the time I have researched, order and rigged up a camera system I will have in the region of 200 jumps.. Is there any harm at that point in putting the camera on and just flying with it (not focusing on camera flying as such..) ..even if I dont get anyone in the shot for the next 100 jumps..! haha

Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate all the help I can get:)
Cheers! Amy

I converted my ozone3 over to have a top mount this past weekend. The Rok flatlock adaptor was $27 & the Liquid flatlock was $105. The chin cup was $70. Depending on what camera you're using, you could be done right there.

Adaptor: http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/Accessories/26/index.htm
Flatlock: http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/Accessories/25/index.htm